Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 05:42 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,266,348 times

Advertisements

Absolutely crazy. Be careful - even in areas that are supposedly safe:

https://www.wral.com/wake-county-man...tore/18502216/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 05:47 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Hmmm, that's Apex, but it's a little sketchy, that area. Plus if a strange man walked up to me and asked me to walk behind the convenience store with him to look at some apartments I think I'd decline. Not blaming her but situational awareness is a thing. The advice "don't go anywhere with strangers" is an oldie but a goodie.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Hmmm, that's Apex, but it's a little sketchy, that area. Plus if a strange man walked up to me and asked me to walk behind the convenience store with him to look at some apartments I think I'd decline. Not blaming her but situational awareness is a thing. The advice "don't go anywhere with strangers" is an oldie but a goodie.
I agree - was going to say the same, but didn't want to take the heat for it.

Also agree that's not the best part of Apex. Regardless, a lot of people probably hear "the small quiet town of Apex" and think it's really safe overall.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:01 PM

715 posts, read 888,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I agree - was going to say the same, but didn't want to take the heat for it.

Also agree that's not the best part of Apex. Regardless, a lot of people probably hear "the small quiet town of Apex" and think it's really safe overall.
This to me sounds like a trick gone wrong not an indictment of Apex.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalRed View Post
This to me sounds like a trick gone wrong not an indictment of Apex.
People turning tricks behind gas stations doesn't shine too bright on Apex either

Old 07-11-2019, 07:25 PM

715 posts, read 888,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
People turning tricks behind gas stations doesn't shine too bright on Apex either
When I lived in the area I helped a lot of addicts turn things around and still help out when I come back.

Drugs as well as prostitution are rampant in Apex,Cary, HS etc., and could provide streets in million dollar homes as well as which hotels on Walnut street,Edinburgh and Cresent drive where unseen and unheard crimes are occurring. There is huge human trafficking running through NC and unfortunately a market for that service.

When I lived in Preston half the residents where downing Santa Margarita and opioids then getting in their cars on Davis and High House...crime happens in all areas is my point just some is hushed by local police and politicians.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalRed View Post
When I lived in the area I helped a lot of addicts turn things around and still help out when I come back.

Drugs as well as prostitution are rampant in Apex,Cary, HS etc., and could provide streets in million dollar homes as well as which hotels on Walnut street,Edinburgh and Cresent drive where unseen and unheard crimes are occurring. There is huge human trafficking running through NC and unfortunately a market for that service.

When I lived in Preston half the residents where downing Santa Margarita and opioids then getting in their cars on Davis and High House...crime happens in all areas is my point just some is hushed by local police and politicians.
I don't disagree - I think crime in western Wake in general is a much bigger problem than it gets made out to be. Crime does happen everywhere, but there are some places locally, regionally, and nationally that are safer to live than others. I think the area can do better, but nothing comes for free.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:38 PM

805 posts, read 524,129 times
I’m aware of the drug problems and human trafficking in western Wake County.

This rape victim deserves dignity, not to be subject of rumor.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,053,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickandiron View Post
I’m aware of the drug problems and human trafficking in western Wake County.

This rape victim deserves dignity, not to be subject of rumor.
So we have no right to comment on a crime because???

Old 07-11-2019, 07:47 PM

805 posts, read 524,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
So we have no right to comment on a crime because???
You have the right. As do I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary