Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:44 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,151,004 times

Advertisements

Wish I could have made it as the ladies night I attended a while back was such fun and I wanted to meet the men too! However, I'm really overwhelmed with extended family stuff right now ... the perils of actually being from this town....

Hoping to make the next one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 09:10 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
I had a great time meeting everybody. What a nice bunch of folks. Of course, I did make the beer selection faux pas by ordering a Coors Light while at the Hibernian Pub. Good thing NewUser wasn't there!

It was really cool to finally see the people behind the usernames! I was so busy talking I really didn't get a chance to take any good pictures! However I was able to get one shot in of the man himself posting on city-data no doubt while at the meet-up !

Thanks again Mike J for setting this up!

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 05-18-2008 at 09:19 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 09:26 PM

241 posts, read 935,205 times
We had a great time and stayed for FOUR hours! Yay!

I'll be posting pictures a little later...

Old 05-19-2008, 06:42 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,722,123 times
Great to see the meet-up's are still happening. The first one (that I know about) was about a year ago. We were in town for a visit and hubby and I wanted to meet to meet the fun people we were communicating with so we organized a meet-up. We initially met at Starbucks on Brier Creek and had about 25 attend so three meet-up's later, it's great to see that people are still gathering. This is a rockin' forum.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:53 AM

171 posts, read 452,104 times
Irene and I had a really great time. We received word that the offer we put on the house in Apex (Waterford Green) was accepted as we were driving to the Hibernian.

It was such a pleasure to meet everyone. What a wonderful group of people. We will definately attend the next meetup.

Thanks Mike for organizing this. We wish we could have spent more time talking with with you. DebbieF was going to come down to the meetup, but I guess we just wore her out. She was a real trooper putting up with us and our househunting.

We'll be in touch with everyone once we move down at the end of June and get settled in. We can't wait to see everyone again.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:59 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
Glad everyone had a great time! Wish I could have been there. I'll be in NC next weekend. I can't wait! Keep the pictures comming!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:01 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,759,622 times
I'm sorry we missed it!!! The kids freaked out about the thunder and lightening. (They still aren't use to it.) And the babysitter's mom did not want her "out" in the storm. So we scrapped it and then the storm passed. I'm glad everyone had a good time.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:06 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,061,415 times
Congrats again on the house, Ned! I'm sure you and Irene will be very happy here.

J_Lurk, I thought about you last night & was sorry to see you couldn't make it. Hopefully next time you'll have better luck.

PDXmom, I wondered why you weren't there. We'll have to get together another time.

Sandycat, MAtoNC, and I were thinking we should have another girls' night out. Maybe in July sometime. What do you all think? We were thinking we should do it in Durham or Chapel Hill this time. If anyone has suggestions on dates or locations, let us all know!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,114,450 times
I'd love to do another Girl's Night Out and can definitely do it in Chapel Hill or Durham. Hopefully I won't have a splitting headache like I did last night!

It was still nice meeting everyone. I wish we could have stayed longer to socialize a little more with the people I didn't get a chance to talk to.
Congrats on the house again Ned, you guys seemed really excited last night!

Old 05-19-2008, 08:11 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
Great to see the meet-up's are still happening. The first one (that I know about) was about a year ago. We were in town for a visit and hubby and I wanted to meet to meet the fun people we were communicating with so we organized a meet-up. We initially met at Starbucks on Brier Creek and had about 25 attend so three meet-up's later, it's great to see that people are still gathering. This is a rockin' forum.

I think you were the meet-up pioneer saluki_lover! Maybe we will see you and your husband at the next one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary