Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 03:51 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
around the future location or the current location? For Western & Jones Franklin, there's Ole Time Barbecue and Pam's Farmhouse
I’m asking about restaurants around the future location of Grand Asia. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 03:03 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post

anything you say about traffic pretty much something to be ignored.

Confused here; please tell me how I can improve.

THX

Old 07-25-2022, 10:39 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
Iconic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92-FlU1FEJc

"In the first year we expect to hold 40 tournaments with 18 of these being large tournaments of over 200 teams. By year five we expect to hold 67 tournaments. The Center will be designed to complement the Convention Center in Raleigh"

source:
https://mayorweinbrecht.com/2022/07/...-richest-city/

another blog quote:
"On Saturday I was notified that Cary was ranked as the richest city in America. This was determined by taking into consideration the number of residents living in poverty, income rank, and percentage of the population unemployed. It was said that Cary had nice homes, good salaries, and comfortable living. It measured our median income at $107,463 and our unemployment rate at 3.3%."

Old 07-29-2022, 08:52 AM

643 posts, read 349,677 times
Went to Grand Asia Market last weekend. It's greatly shrinking. No cafe tables anymore. Food quality is declining. Not as crowded as before. They probably know the news and their destiny already. After all, they have been here for over 15 yrs.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:20 AM
DPK DPK started this thread

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
Went to Grand Asia Market last weekend. It's greatly shrinking. No cafe tables anymore. Food quality is declining. Not as crowded as before. They probably know the news and their destiny already. After all, they have been here for over 15 yrs.
Grand Asia is supposedly moving locations in the future. I believe they've purchased the HT location down toward Jones Franklin and Western Blvd.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Grand Asia is supposedly moving locations in the future. I believe they've purchased the HT location down toward Jones Franklin and Western Blvd.
I know. But the new location cannot be compared with this one. This has been an iconic place for the last 15 yrs, kinda like the Chinatown of triangle. I have no interest going to the new one if it's their destination as it's too far from me. Will go to Hmart more instead

Old 07-29-2022, 09:28 AM
DPK DPK started this thread

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
I know. But the new location cannot be compared with this one. This has been an iconic place for the last 15 yrs, kinda like the Chinatown of triangle. I have no interest going to the new one if it's their destination as it's too far from me. Will go to Hmart more instead
It's just a building in a strip mall that hasn't been properly kept with the times. I wouldn't call it iconic. The value is in the business itself.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:38 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Didn’t you say you lived near the morrisville parkway extension where the new neighborhood is going? I’d bet it’s the same within 1 minutes travel time. Might even be less time depending on the day’s traffic.

Maybe you’ll, change your mind like that development.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Didn’t you say you lived near the morrisville parkway extension where the new neighborhood is going? I’d bet it’s the same within 1 minutes travel time. Might even be less time depending on the day’s traffic.

Maybe you’ll, change your mind like that development.
Do you know where GAM is gonna go in the future? It's in Raleigh, not Morrisville. How can I go there in less than a minute? Are you kidding me?

Old 07-29-2022, 09:50 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Do you know where GAM is gonna go in the future? It's in Raleigh, not Morrisville. How can I go there in less than a minute? Are you kidding me?
Assuming it is the rumored location, I’m guessing around a 1 minute difference just due to not being as close to I-40. It would be easier to go through town to the new location whereas 40 is easier to the current one, but it will most likely be a shorter distance, yet take a little longer. Maybe even 2 whole minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
South Hills Mall to become Sports Complex-682b5f2c-ccdb-4afc-a4c4-ce5b84632fd9.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary