Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 06:36 PM

134 posts, read 607,338 times

Advertisements

HI all,

I'm interested in what people know about the Heritage housing community in Wake Forest. Is it as good as they say? Any concerns? Would love to hear from people who live there or those who have moved from there on their thoughts.

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 07:11 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,778,682 times
I was just in the soccer fields there the other day, and there was some terrible anti-Mexican graffiti in the porta-potties. It was disgusting.

I think the whole area is sort of bland and boring, but I think that about most of outer Raleigh and Cary.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:19 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,438,401 times
Its a really big neighborhood.... I guess the people are friendly.. but aren't most people - especially in a new neighborhood with a lot of people isolated from friends and family??

Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljammer View Post
HI all,

I'm interested in what people know about the Heritage housing community in Wake Forest. Is it as good as they say? Any concerns? Would love to hear from people who live there or those who have moved from there on their thoughts.

Thanks in advance!!
Although I do not live there, I have many friends who do and they love it. Yes, it is a large neighborhood, separated into different sections based on different factors (house size, lot size, golf course, price, etc). I have met one person who does not love it, and she simply says it is not for her, the homes are too close together and she doesn't like her neighbors. But, I live on an acre with one neighbor and we are not the best of friends, so it can happen any place!

Most of the people I know have young kids and they love the amenities with multiple pools, etc. The homes are really quite nice in the neighborhood, and they do not seem "cookie cutter" as there are many different facades, they tend toward the "craftsman" style.

I know that many people in the neighborhood attend heritage, but one section attends jones dairy elementary (which people love). So, it just depends on where you live. I think that when middle school rolls around they all attend heritage middle. Heritage high school is scheduled to open in 2009, so I am not sure how that is going to change things.

Anyhow, I do like the neighborhood. we did not look there because we wanted to stay on the west side of town in order to help my husband commute to work. Living in heritage would have added about 15 minutes and we were not willing to do that.

Good luck
Leigh

Old 06-17-2008, 08:26 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I was just in the soccer fields there the other day, and there was some terrible anti-Mexican graffiti in the porta-potties. It was disgusting.
Oh you mean one of those blue porta-potties? Porta as in "Portable"? Meaning it is transported from location to location? So this particular porta-pottie could have previously been located at a construction site in downtown Raleigh, or perhaps it was used at a festival in Chapel Hill. I can see how a piece of graffitti on a portable object could provide insight about a neighborhood. Actually on second thought I really can't.

Give me a break.

Back to the Topic, I was in the Heritage area this past weekend. Looks to be a huge development, but it seems like they have done some good planning to provide a lot of ammenities to those who chose to live in that community.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:48 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,696,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Oh you mean one of those blue porta-potties? Porta as in "Portable"? Meaning it is transported from location to location? So this particular porta-pottie could have previously been located at a construction site in downtown Raleigh, or perhaps it was used at a festival in Chapel Hill. I can see how a piece of graffitti on a portable object could provide insight about a neighborhood. Actually on second thought I really can't.

Give me a break.

Back to the Topic, I was in the Heritage area this past weekend. Looks to be a huge development, but it seems like they have done some good planning to provide a lot of ammenities to those who chose to live in that community.
Actually the portajohn company would have cleaned or repainted it before placing it in a new site. Not that it has any bearing on the neighborhood anyway, it was probably just some bored kids.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:15 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
I've sold quite a few homes in Heritage and a few of the agents in my office live in Heritage and a few live in Bedford (North Raleigh).

If you like a larger neighborhood, either of these is fine. If I were going to live in Wake Forest, I would consider Heritage, I like it that much.

Vicki

Old 06-18-2008, 06:49 AM

488 posts, read 1,555,408 times
I have lived in Heritage for 5 years and we LOVE it. I have known several people in our neighborhood who have moved but only to other sections in Heritage. All of Heritage except for Heritage South (Croft/Dale) is districted to Heritage Elementary with WFE ast the traditional option. South is districted to Jones Dairy with Rolesville as the traditional option.

Heritage is a VERY social neighborhood. There are over 20 bunko leagues and over 15 poker leagues. Most people belong to the Pool and Tennis clubs and a lot of people have the full membership. If you are thinking of buying you might want to try to get the builder to cover initiation fees---Most people I know where able to get the builder to cover the Initiation fees when they bought their house.

They have a lot of neighborhood events---Easter Egg Hunt, Pool parties throughout the season (some for kids and some adult only), Dive-In movies, Wine Tastings at the club house, Live Music at the Clubhouse, Family Dinner nights at the clubhouse, Holiday Brunches, Sliegh Rides at Christmas, Halloween parties for the kids, Community Picnics...and much more.

We also really have everything that we could ever need right in our neighborhood or very close by especially with all that is offered at the Factory. We play Soccer through CASL and they play at the Smith Creek Fields in Heritage, we have Baseball and Hockey at the Factory.

Can you tell we love the neighborhood

Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,438,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
Although I do not live there, I have many friends who do and they love it. Yes, it is a large neighborhood, separated into different sections based on different factors (house size, lot size, golf course, price, etc). I have met one person who does not love it, and she simply says it is not for her, the homes are too close together and she doesn't like her neighbors. But, I live on an acre with one neighbor and we are not the best of friends, so it can happen any place!

Most of the people I know have young kids and they love the amenities with multiple pools, etc. The homes are really quite nice in the neighborhood, and they do not seem "cookie cutter" as there are many different facades, they tend toward the "craftsman" style.

I know that many people in the neighborhood attend heritage, but one section attends jones dairy elementary (which people love). So, it just depends on where you live. I think that when middle school rolls around they all attend heritage middle. Heritage high school is scheduled to open in 2009, so I am not sure how that is going to change things.

Anyhow, I do like the neighborhood. we did not look there because we wanted to stay on the west side of town in order to help my husband commute to work. Living in heritage would have added about 15 minutes and we were not willing to do that.

Good luck
Leigh

Didn't heritage used to be zoned wake forest rolesville middle school - I guess that changed? I do know some of the yr middle schools were actually under utilized last year.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 AM

188 posts, read 748,679 times
I think Heritage has a really nice golf course, but it is semi-private not private. It can get very crowded at times, but due to the quality of the course and facilities, the price of full membership is reasonable, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary