Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:03 PM

89 posts, read 444,268 times

Advertisements

Can someone point me towards the multi-million dollar home communities in the area? I'm looking for communities (or even outside of communities) with large homes on properties with AT LEAST 1 acre of land.

Cary, Raleigh, N. Raleigh, Chapel Hill, or Durham areas would be nice. I've got some wealthy friends visiting in a few weekends and they would love to look at some luxury homes. They've been here once and looked at Rosemont and loved it, but would like to look at more communities with similar aspects.

Thanks in Advance!

(This is NOT for me...I live on .013 acres!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 08:14 PM

36 posts, read 153,296 times
Default NE Chatham Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle67 View Post
Can someone point me towards the multi-million dollar home communities in the area? I'm looking for communities (or even outside of communities) with large homes on properties with AT LEAST 1 acre of land.

Cary, Raleigh, N. Raleigh, Chapel Hill, or Durham areas would be nice. I've got some wealthy friends visiting in a few weekends and they would love to look at some luxury homes. They've been here once and looked at Rosemont and loved it, but would like to look at more communities with similar aspects.

Thanks in Advance!

North East Chatham County near Chapel Hill has a few choices and is a good place to look

Old 05-05-2008, 08:28 PM

166 posts, read 139,180 times
Quote:

Thanks in Advance!

Colvard Farms is a great one in Southwest Durham. Preston Country Club Area in Cary. I believe there is some nice homes near a golf course in Southern Cary, just south of Tryon Road, but I forget the name.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:13 PM

43,316 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Thumbs up Have fun!

Quote:

Thanks in Advance!

Have fun! These should get you started!

$1.5 million and up, on 1 acre or more:

Cary:
Barrington/Regency
Birklands
MacGregor Downs and MacGregor West

Apex:
Heritage Pointe

Morrisville:
Preston Estates

Raleigh/ITB(Lots are tighter on some homes):
Country Club Hills
Drewry Hills

N Raleigh:
Hasentree
The Registry
Wakefield Estates
Linville
The Barony
Devon
Sheffield Manor
Chatsworth
Radcliffe
North Ridge has the cozy $12,000,000 love shack...

Franklin County:
Hidden Lake

Durham:
Hope Valley
The Hills of Rosemont
Treyburn CC

Chapel Hill:
The Oaks
Estates at Coles Crossing
The Shire
The Fells
Hunts Reserve
Creek Wood
The Woods @ Talbryn

Chatham County/Chapel Hill:
Governors Club

Old 05-05-2008, 09:26 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,181,211 times
Hey, I heard that love shack came down in price by 9 million. What a bargain!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 PM

43,316 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Hey, I heard that love shack came down in price by 9 million. What a bargain!

Actually, it came down $11,000,000.00

That's a lot of "juke-box money!"

Old 05-05-2008, 10:18 PM

121 posts, read 388,763 times
Default A few more areas

Quote:

Thanks in Advance!

RALEIGH:
Highlands/Falls Lake
Williamsborough
Hunters Bluff
Bay Leaf Farm
Bluffs of Greenview
Wakefield Plantation

Chapel Hill:
Laurel Hill

Wake Forest:
The Back Nine Estates

Old 05-06-2008, 05:23 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,665,919 times
Linville, Devon, Rose Hall (just started selling), Faircroft and Chatsworth in North Raleigh are some of my favorites and in great locations. These all have winding roads, trees, and easy commuting locations. Swan's Mill is nice too, but I don't believe there are any new homes in that subdivison as they started building in that subdivision in 1993 and later. There is also Belmont Ridge.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:24 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,506,901 times
Also Lake Forest in Chapel Hill, right on the water. Minimum lot sizes there are .50 acres, but most are closer to 1.5-2 acres.

But $1,000,000+ homes are not unusual in Chapel Hill. They are scattered all over as well as in the places mentioned above. That's a huge amount of geography and kind of does not make sense to approach it like this. She needs to figure out where she wants to be (Raleigh area, Durham, Chapel Hill) and then get a realtor and tell them what sort of community/home she is looking for. She could spend weeks driving all over the triangle with the current approach.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,692,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Actually, it came down $11,000,000.00

That's a lot of "juke-box money!"

Think it was just lowered again.
Due to-
Tiiiiiiiiiin roof... rusted.

Good point frogandtoad, maybe they can narrow it down some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary