Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:06 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
A runner living in Lochmere would never choose to cross Holly Springs Road and run toward a cul-de-sac in a neighborhood under construction when they can run on the beautiful, familiar trails of their neighborhood or neighboring Regency.

I disagree. This woman was training for a half marathon. That's 13 miles.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,222 times
They have still not said if the body they found is Nancy Cooper. The next news conference is at 5 p.m.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 AM

997 posts, read 4,645,488 times
OMG!!! After living in Cary, this is definitely unusual. Too unusual for it to be random. Especially since the article said she was found in the new Toll Bros subdivision, The Oaks at Meadowridge. Knowing the area, it doesn't seem like a place that a jogger would jog to from Lochmere if it is her like a previous poster said. Unfortunately, more like a place to hide a body. Such a tragedy, whomever it turns out to be. It's just so sickening that people are capable of doing such horrible things. It makes you wonder what really makes people tick. I hope the body is identified soon so some family can have some closure and they can catch the person who did it. If it is her and the husband did do it (just speculating for now) those poor children knowing that their mother is dead and that their father is responsible. Just horrible.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:20 AM

371 posts, read 1,259,912 times
I thought I read she was found under some brush, not a lake?? Either way, it must have been a tall, slender woman w/ running clothes on to make the paper. I think when people say people just don't disappear here are not litterally stating it is IMPOSSIBLE for crime to occur, but come on, it is unlikely. When I lived in DC, the news couldn't cover all the violent crime. I walk all the time in Cary and don't cosinder drive-by shootings, random murders, crack houses, etc as a threat....its just not that kind of city. Anyway, it is odd if it so random, but no matter what, I agree that all I can think about is those poor kids. I know my 2 yr old clings to me and wants 'mama' all the time. The thought of not being there for her is unimaginable. Those poor darling kids...
And why would a friend report her missing? Could they have been together and she simply made the actual phone call as he stood by- perhaps he was scared? Could he have wanted to wait to report her missing? I don't get that part..

Old 07-15-2008, 08:33 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,089,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Worth repeating.

Thank you!

Though I *am* waiting to hear some news. They have a body. I assume they're trying to identify the body through clothing, dental records, etc. It seems as though some news should be forthcoming soon.

Last edited by findingmesomeday; 07-15-2008 at 08:48 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 09:01 AM

560 posts, read 1,549,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
Thank you!

Though I *am* waiting to hear some news. They have a body. I assume they're trying to identify the body through clothing, dental records, etc. It seems as though some news should be forthcoming soon.
I pray for the kids too..The good thing is they are too young to know or understand what happened even though they saw the whole thing so they will not remember when they grow up. As to her husband, I am sure he did not mean to kill her but he snapped. They were probably having a heated argument about their upcoming separation and she was fighting him about the kids custody, who will keep the house, etc, etc.. He probably just snapped and threw something at her by mistake..it hit her in the wrong spot, she collapsed and he probably panicked, hid her body somewhere and said she went jogging but never came back? Not to be judgemental or anything but I know that's what happened. The important thing to remember is he did not mean to..he just snapped. How terrible for the entire family!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:01 AM

455 posts, read 919,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia78 View Post
I for one don't feel safe anywhere in the United States.
And I feel safe just about everywhere I've lived. I know that crime can and will happen anywhere, and if something is going to happen to me, then I'll deal with it when it arises (either heroically or peeing my pants, we'll just have to wait and see!), but I certainly will not live my life in fear of what might be, always expecting the worst around every corner.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I disagree. This woman was training for a half marathon. That's 13 miles.
If the body turns out to be Nancy Cooper, and it turns out that she was running and just fell over dead, and she left her home and ran directly to the site the body has been found-

She chose to run over a mile along Holly Springs Road, a 2 lane with
No Sidewalk
No Shoulder
and
cars travelling at a typical road speed of about 50 MPH.

I drive that stretch of HS Road back and forth to my daughter's daycare 5 days a week-I have for nearly 3 years. I have NEVER passed a runner there. NEVER.

That was before she ran over a mile thru an older section of Meadowridge to get to the Toll Brothers section, and then ran to the end of the last cul-de-sac in the new development where no houses stand.

It's not about distance. It's about common sense.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:34 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I drive that stretch of HS Road back and forth to my daughter's daycare 5 days a week-I have for nearly 3 years. I have NEVER passed a runner there. NEVER.
So because you say that you've never seen a jogger on Holly Springs Road during RUSH HOUR on a week day, that makes it improbable that any runner would run along Holly Springs Road at 7am on a Saturday?

If she came down south on Lochmere Drive, then took a left onto Lilly Atkins, and then a left again at Holly Springs Rd, that would put her within a few hundred yards of the entrance of this Toll Brothers subdivision, right? She wouldn't be on Holly Springs Rd for more than 2 minutes. From her house all the way back to the back corner of this subdivision couldn't be any more than 3 miles.

I run on Holly Springs Road during rush hour every once in a while for a change of pace. It's not my favorite, but it breaks up the monotony of doing the same trail over and over again. As a jogger, I would find it interesting to go back into that subdivision every once in a while to see how construction is coming along and if there are any new houses to look at.

Last edited by NewUser; 07-15-2008 at 09:47 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 09:38 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,089,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
I pray for the kids too..The good thing is they are too young to know or understand what happened even though they saw the whole thing so they will not remember when they grow up. As to her husband, I am sure he did not mean to kill her but he snapped. They were probably having a heated argument about their upcoming separation and she was fighting him about the kids custody, who will keep the house, etc, etc.. He probably just snapped and threw something at her by mistake..it hit her in the wrong spot, she collapsed and he probably panicked, hid her body somewhere and said she went jogging but never came back? Not to be judgemental or anything but I know that's what happened. The important thing to remember is he did not mean to..he just snapped. How terrible for the entire family!
Tatiana:

Are you quoting from a news source that we haven't yet seen? And did the reporter have an "inside" view of the husband's head to *know* that he didn't "mean to kill her but he snapped"?

If not, please--if you absolutely feel you MUST post an opinion before we have the fact--PLEASE state that this is your opinion. I'm sure there are many of us wondering about the husband but to my knowledge: 1) no one has found Nancy's body and 2) no one has been arrested yet and 3) none of us have a clue what could have happened.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary