Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 04:46 PM

5 posts, read 15,652 times

Advertisements

What opinions do you have of the new year round school, Laurel Park Elementary? I know that it was built in part to relieve some of the overcrowding at Davis Drive Elementary. I am curious to hear from parents whose kids go there or anyone who knows anything about it. Do you think Laurel Park will be up to the standards of Davis Drive or Salem elementary? How much free and reduce lunch students attend there? Does anyone have an opinion about Salem elementary? Are there more free and reduced lunch students attending this year? I am just curious as my family and I are looking to move to Cary and just want as much information as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 04:53 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,506,065 times
Free/reduced lunch stats are given at greatschools.net although I don't know if they would have this year's up already...might try it though.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:13 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,658,326 times
Two of my children go to Laurel Park; my K & 2nd grader. Gail Tuner is the principal there. And she is know to run a tight ship. She was the principal at Oak Grove before Laurel Park. I don't know what the F&R statistics are and I don't really care.

Can you edit the title of your post to Laurel Park elementary? There are a million posts about Cary's schools. You will probably get more replies with a specific title.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 PM

25 posts, read 73,253 times
Default Laurel Park Elementary/Bishops Gate

My Husband and I and two kids are moving to Bishops Gate in Cary and I was wondering if anyone else had any info on Laurel Park and/or Bishops Gate. We are going to spend the day on Saturday driving around and getting more familiar with where things are located....but of course, I love to hear others opinions of the school, the neighborhood, the shopping,......any stay at home moms in the area that are interested in coffee meetups, shopping meetups, golf?

Also...is Laurel Park traditional or year round? Can anyone recommend a year round option near Bishops Gate?

Thanks!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:18 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,658,326 times
Laurel Park is a year round school.

You can meet other moms through TriangleMommies.com--the Triangle area of North Carolina's Mom-to-Mom Connection

Old 01-08-2009, 07:21 PM

43,304 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiemom2boys View Post
My Husband and I and two kids are moving to Bishops Gate in Cary and I was wondering if anyone else had any info on Laurel Park and/or Bishops Gate. We are going to spend the day on Saturday driving around and getting more familiar with where things are located....but of course, I love to hear others opinions of the school, the neighborhood, the shopping,......any stay at home moms in the area that are interested in coffee meetups, shopping meetups, golf?

Also...is Laurel Park traditional or year round? Can anyone recommend a year round option near Bishops Gate?

Thanks!!!!
Laurel Park is year round.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:27 PM

185 posts, read 575,863 times
You will probably get re-assigned to West Millbrook in Raleigh

Old 01-09-2009, 06:51 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,565 times
I thought that Gail Turner was run out of Oak Grove after a year of two. The school saw many families leave on her watch. Since she has been gone, Oak Grove is back to being highly sought after elementary school.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:18 AM

280 posts, read 741,394 times
My son used to go to Laurel Park and we were very pleased there. The Principal Mrs Turner, was excellent - she was very responsive to us when we had problems with registration. WCPSS essentially messed up my son's papers and basically "forgot" he was supposed to start school this year.She got it sorted out in one working day and has been nothing but helpful. His Kindergarten teacher was very good too - we are leaving that school only because we bought a home in West Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary