Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2007, 06:06 AM

54 posts, read 347,536 times

Advertisements

I've made it to NC and am staying in Cary while looking for a place to live. My husband works on the east side of Raleigh (towards Knightsdale) so, I think we may try to stay on the east side somewhere for easy work travel (unless everyone sends us in another direction!).

Today I am traveling to Clayton. Any info on that area to share? This weekend will be Wake Forest. My husband is staying in Furquay-Varina right now so I know that area a bit.

We're basically looking for some quiet, country atmosphere within 20-30 minutes to shopping. I don't necessarily want to be "very rural", just not in the midst of everything. I like my quiet

We have also been told to look outside of Wake Cty. to get more for our money. What about Franklin County? It looks like there area couple towns just north of Wake Forest - Youngsville or Franklinton? Are they worth checking out?

I have two weeks here which is helpful but hearing from people who already live here would be wonderful!

Also, we have 2 border collies that do agility and frisbee competition and I really want to keep up with that. We'd like at least 1-1/2 acres so we have room for them to run. I also have horses but will probably board them for now.

Thanks so much!

Paula
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 09:10 AM

271 posts, read 1,213,509 times
Don't overlook Knightdale all signs point toward fantastic growth for that area in the coming decade, Rolesville too is a nice town just east of Wake Forest

Old 02-07-2007, 01:04 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
I think wake forest is a good option, or youngsville, or rolesville. rolesville is on that "east" side, and will give you access to knightdale via 401 and 540, so that should help. Definitely you will find more land in the northern part of the county, or in franklin county for that matter. I see many many horse farms around "these parts" in wake forest/franklin and or granville county. So, it is a good place to start.

I am not sure what to tell you about where to look (hopefully you have someone showing you around???). Anyhow, pm me if you have additional questions, otherwise I could write forever.

Leigh

Old 02-07-2007, 03:22 PM

607 posts, read 2,431,142 times
I checked out Wake forest this weekend. Honestly my husband and I decided against it because of Capital Blvd. What a pain. So backed up and so many lights. It really does ad to a commute times.
It was pretty though.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:58 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,931,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
I checked out Wake forest this weekend. Honestly my husband and I decided against it because of Capital Blvd. What a pain. So backed up and so many lights. It really does ad to a commute times.
It was pretty though.
We shared your concerns about Capital Blvd, too, but ended up buying a house in Dansforth off Burlingon Mills Rd.

The good thing about that location is there are 3 ways to get out of town: Capital, Ligon Mill/401, and Forestville/401.

I spoke with some residents there before buying and they said getting around from that part of Wake Forest is not that big of a problem because of the alternative routes available.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,805 times
We bought in Clayton and Knightdale is only about 20 min making that part of Raleigh somewhere arund 30 mins commute.

I think you might really like Clayton, it has that country feel but not too rural. We drive about 12-15 minutes to get to 70 where all the stores are and we pass cows and goats and ducks and horses along the way. There are closer stores for emergencies (Flowers area) but we don't generally shop there.

We live in a subdivision in the middle of the rural area (they seem to be popping up everywhere)...so we get that neighborhood feel. There are plenty of older homes with larger lots but where we live the lots are all about 3/4 acre with some up to 2 acres (mostly wooded).

Good luck...its a stressful but rewarding process. We also rented in Cary while we house hunted....its a smart way to go about it so that you are not completely rushed.

Were you able to find Clayton's Main street? Very quaint.

Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary