Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:32 PM

584 posts, read 2,423,769 times

Advertisements

Just paid $2.79 in Richmond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:39 PM

3,307 posts, read 8,562,321 times
Gas taxes have nothing to do with any of this. NC gas taxes are $.30 while Virginia is $.16. If we were only $.14 different then I could see it, but not almost $1.00.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:09 PM

59 posts, read 214,439 times
Friend in Ohio paid $2.38 yesterday.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Elizabeth Dole has made no effort to help NC out with the gas situation. Except for her special interests
Dole Has Received More Than $277,756 From The Oil & Gas Industry.

Notice the price is going down now the republicans have got what they wanted since Bush was elected to Drill offshore to help line their pockets. His Regime help raise the price and mislead the public to thinking drilling off shore will help lower back down the price of oil.
While North Carolina did not get any provisions to make any type of money off of this and it a traded product controlled by OPEC not the US and will not prevent prices from going back up.
Propaganda at is best.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Elizabeth Dole has made no effort to help NC out except for her special interests
Ummm...this belongs in the Politics board?

Dole voted against the now $2 trillion bailout all along, and that alone is a make or break issue for many fiscal conservatives like myself

Moderator cut: Moderators are regular members who have been chosen to help City Data forums function smoothly. As such, they are certainly permitted to express opinions (within the confines of the Terms of Service) just like non-moderator members.

If you have an issue with the behaviour of a mod, either contact the mod directly through the DM system, or contact one of Senior Moderators Yac or markablue through DM. Criticizing mods on the open forum is not permitted.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 10-12-2008 at 07:57 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 06:31 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
I noticed over here in SW Durham gas was 3.79 a gallon on Friday morning. Saturday morn stations dropped it to 3.69. It should be lower than that. There's no way the gas is still flowing slowly through the NC pipelines causing our prices to be 30 to 40 cents higher than other parts of the country. My parents in FLA are paying 3.29 per gallon.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:50 PM

I know it's cool/trendy/hip/fun to get behind the populist conspiracy that the evil moneymakers are targeting the "uber-rich" state of NC for price gouging, but before y'all hop aboard the brainwash express, perhaps it would be a good idea to conduct actual research on the topic, such as pipeline bandwidth, oil delivery contracts, etc.

The 76 station on New Bern hasn't had any grade of gasoline in about 2 weeks. I'm sure their convenience store business is suffering as few are going to pop in for an overpriced snack if there's no gas to pump.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 PM

3,307 posts, read 8,562,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Elizabeth Dole has made no effort to help NC out with the gas situation. Except for her special interests

Notice the price is going down now the republicans have got what they wanted since Bush was elected to Drill offshore to help line their pockets. His Regime help raise the price and mislead the public to thinking drilling off shore will help lower back down the price of oil.
While North Carolina did not get any provisions to make any type of money off of this and it a traded product controlled by OPEC not the US and will not prevent prices from going back up.
Propaganda at is best.
This should be erased as no one else on this board could post this and get away with it. I'm sorry, but this board is not a place to thrash out about your political beliefs when we're talking about gas prices.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
This should be erased as no one else on this board could post this and get away with it. I'm sorry, but this board is not a place to thrash out about your political beliefs when we're talking about gas prices.
Absolutely! +1

Old 10-12-2008, 08:53 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,267,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I know it's cool/trendy/hip/fun to get behind the populist conspiracy that the evil moneymakers are targeting the "uber-rich" state of NC for price gouging, but before y'all hop aboard the brainwash express, perhaps it would be a good idea to conduct actual research on the topic, such as pipeline bandwidth, oil delivery contracts, etc.

The 76 station on New Bern hasn't had any grade of gasoline in about 2 weeks. I'm sure their convenience store business is suffering as few are going to pop in for an overpriced snack if there's no gas to pump.
Here, here!

The retail gasoline business has got to be one of the most maligned in our country. It really is amazing to me how much they get ripped on. I can't think of another business that gets such gratitude for providing the public with such an indispensable product for only a few pennies above cost.

Before people complain about profiteering gas stations, they really ought to go meet their owners and see how they live. Something tells me it's a far cry from the Lexus SUV lifestyle lived by those who whine the loudest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary