Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:06 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,653 times

Advertisements

Jakes is great, went last summer to the orginal one. I think the M&S here is really good though. We have been 2-3x to the one in Crabtree and loved it and had great service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 08:18 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Oh NO!!! I'm so sad to read the bad reviews of Mck & Sch!! I haven't been to the NC one yet. I've only eatten at the original one in Downtown Portland & Jake's. Both of those are so worth it if you are ever in Ptown.

But I know that once a resturant goes IPO, the chains don't always carry over, which is a shame. I just can't imagine Bone Fish being better than a Mck & Sch. That's just plain scary.
Try the location here for yourself, and form your own opinion. If I had based my decision on all the negative reviews here, I would have missed a fantastic meal.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:01 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,757,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
Try the location here for yourself, and form your own opinion. If I had based my decision on all the negative reviews here, I would have missed a fantastic meal.
Thanks Claire. We do still plan to try the Crabtree location. I'm a see for myself sort of gal.

We have such a long list of resturants to try. Just wish the baby sitter money was as long as the list. But that has been one of the fun things about moving to a new area.... having sooooo many new places to try. After you live in a city for a while, you've eatten at a lot of the places and only really get excited about the new ones. I've got plenty of options here to keep me busy for many years.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:58 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
What is the price range at this restuarant??

Old 07-02-2009, 11:35 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
I've had lunch there several times and it's always been fine (but I don't eat seafood). Service has been good. They don't seem to get a lot of lunch-time business - it's never busy.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM
BSD

10 posts, read 23,105 times
Default Best Seafood in Raleigh

WE have been there at least 20 times since the restaurant opened and the food was excellent everytime. Make sure you become a Preferred Card Member. Well worth the money for what you get.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:00 AM

99 posts, read 307,286 times
kelly, the menu for McC&S is online, although it changes at least once daily depending on what is fresh. They have prices. I've had a dinner for 2 there for under $80 but we did not have any alcohol.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:05 AM

53 posts, read 219,699 times
I just ate lunch there yesterday and it was pretty good. I had the shrimp and scallop fettucine. They are running a special on lobster until the 5th... 19.95.
I was too full for the chocolate bag, but I highly recommend it. They also make a miniature version, but they may only serve that at dinner.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:21 PM

55 posts, read 183,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slll View Post
I've met friends there for cocktails from time to time and they have some good appetizers. A little expensive I think but food is good. I still prefer Bone Fish. The last time I met someone for drinks at the restaurant just beside McK & Sch and that restaurant, I can't remember the name, had the best crabcakes that I have ever eaten in my life!
Its Flemings. The crab cakes there are awesome. My family is from Maryland so we're pretty picky when it comes to crab meat and how its prepared... Its all blue crab and not stuffed with bread crumbs, which you typically find here in the south. Its great that I dont have to go to the Chesapeake to get a good crab cake!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,535 times
Default reply

Most all Maryland blue crabs come from North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary