Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 06:36 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,408,757 times

Advertisements

Let's try to keep the tone here civil.
Let's also try to keep the thread on the original subject/question as it relates to local issues and statistics.

City-data has a "Politics & Controversies" forum (http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-controversies) for bigger debating of this type of issue.

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:11 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,445 times
Default to stay on topic

I have been here about 2 years and it is about the same or worse than NJ and NY. BUT it seems that the schools here are more overwhelmed by it. didnt stop me from moving here but it dosnt mean I will stay.....

Old 02-19-2007, 09:26 AM

271 posts, read 1,213,668 times
You really can't escape. Most bigger metropolitian areas. Raleigh/Durham, Atlanta, Dallas, Charlotte, Austin etc. are all having a huge influx of illegal and legal immigrants.

In fact I say Raleigh/Durham is probably a bit less so that many of the cities I've visited in the South Recently.

They due serve their part in society. But I will say this, "If a person does not have a license and that goes for anybody, then stay off the road, because my insurance rates need to stay low, and I don't need any more dings in my car than there already are.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:52 AM

842 posts, read 3,229,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRob View Post
Let's try to keep the tone here civil.
Let's also try to keep the thread on the original subject/question as it relates to local issues and statistics.

City-data has a "Politics & Controversies" forum (http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-controversies) for bigger debating of this type of issue.

Thanks.
Yea...but the problem with that page is that it's like talking in a stadium full of screemers

Old 02-19-2007, 10:05 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Yes.....look how many middle class, born in the USA Americansare moving into the Triangle (I've heard different numbers but isn't it like something like 60 people a week?)....it our children in the schools by far.

Even if another Hispanic never moved to Wake County, the 'gringos' would keep coming and our schools would still be showing the strain.

Ok, just drop the term gringo, and call these people AMERICANS!

Can you do that?

Its like me going to Mexico and calling the Mexicans illegal aliens.

The difference you fail to see is that in America, Americans can come and go as they please, move where they want to, and pay taxes. There is nothing illegal or wrong with that.

So when an illegal alien moves their family here, and doesnt pay taxes, and is almost unaccounted for, just one illegal presents a far more greater problem than any amount of Americans moving to a particular area.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Ok, just drop the term gringo, and call these people AMERICANS! Can you do that?
So call everyone AMERICANS? (Mexicans too I assume, since they're also Americans....North Americans to be precise).

Quote:
So when an illegal alien moves their family here, and doesnt pay taxes, and is almost unaccounted for, just one illegal presents a far more greater problem than any amount of Americans moving to a particular area.
So by this claim, one illegal alien moving here would be a far greater problem than if 300 million United States citizens were to move here?

Old 02-19-2007, 10:33 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
So call everyone AMERICANS? (Mexicans too I assume, since they're also Americans....North Americans to be precise).

So by this claim, one illegal alien moving here would be a far greater problem than if 300 million United States citizens were to move here?
Guess Ill have to educate you here:

You know what, never mind. Your first statement is so ridiculously ignorant I wont bother addressing it.

The second statement deals with fact. Is it feasible for 300 million people to move to one area? No. If you read the entire quote I was responding to, the poster stated that there were 60 Americans ( those are the people born north of Mexico and south of Canada ) moving to Wake county a week, not 300 million.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:46 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Ok, just drop the term gringo, and call these people AMERICANS!

Can you do that?
I like the term Gringa...I have no problems being refered to as one. I see no reasons to stop using it, as it is not a perjorative.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Guess Ill have to educate you here:

You know what, never mind. Your first statement is so ridiculously ignorant I wont bother addressing it.

The second statement deals with fact. Is it feasible for 300 million people to move to one area? No. If you read the entire quote I was responding to, the poster stated that there were 60 Americans ( those are the people born north of Mexico and south of Canada ) moving to Wake county a week, not 300 million.
Hey...you said..."just one illegal presents a far more greater problem than any amount of Americans moving to a particular area.". So by your argument, 1 illegal immigrant would be worse than 300 milion 'Americans'.

And yes...I am trying to get under your skin. And yes...I am succeeding.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:03 AM

330 posts, read 1,977,065 times
Default Keep it on subject

Lets just keep the subject on what was asked, thats all. Yes we all know whats Illegal!

But in your opinion from where your originally from comapred to Wake County NC , which area has more of the Illegal Alien issue? And what problems is it causing.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary