Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:02 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,193 times

Advertisements

Today I learned that my dog is not a dog park dog.

I am willing to rent a tiny tiny house...as long as it has a fenced yard.

I will even go so far as to say I would rent it anywhere in the Triangle and you know I am very picky about my triangle living locations

What to do? Desperation is setting in as my shoes get eaten and the dog needs to be able to run in a fenced area without trying to dominate other dogs.

Where can I rent a small house cheap?

I think the answer may be Durham, which is fine!

I really want to live in Hillsborough or somewhere rural at this point I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 08:25 PM

127 posts, read 356,854 times
I saw one just posted on Craigs list in Durham. Cute brick ranch from the pictures.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 AM

531 posts, read 1,983,444 times
Try Duke's listings (don't have to be a Duke student to use them):

Student Affairs | Community Housing | Find Housing

And might I suggest a Cesar Millan-type dog psychologist for your dog? Would make life more pleasant for you!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 AM

148 posts, read 559,947 times
Check out Craigslist.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Wagner View Post
Check out Craigslist.
I dont mean to scare you scorp but just looking for you when you go check out these places you find on craigslist bring a buddy.

I find home rentals are a poplar way to want a hook up?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:40 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,646,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I dont mean to scare you scorp but just looking for you when you go check out these places you find on craigslist bring a buddy.

I used craigslist extensively over my years of renting (and even in a far more dangerous city than any in the Triangle) and never ran into this problem. You can usually tell the bogus listings before you even bother to call. However, it is always good to be prepared in all situations. Good advice.

As for the dog's chewing and such - is s/he crate trained? Crate training is a great way to give the dog its own space and keep it from being destructive. It is not cruel as some people mistakenly believe, since the dog considers its crate to be like its own personal bedroom - a place it can go where it won't be bothered. The crate lets the dog know that this is its space, but people set boundaries in the rest of the house. Just an idea for the interim that might be worth considering.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:18 AM

52 posts, read 142,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

Nah... most of the realtors are using Craigslist too. I found my house on CL and found that every rental advertisement I responded to was legit. I'm sure there are exceptions but CL remains the best way to go IMO.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:49 AM

862 posts, read 3,550,510 times
That's a bit ridiculous about craigslist. The scams are so easy to spot and most of them are trying to get me to go to some foreclosure website which I just ignore. Many realtors that don't have websites and even ones that do use craigslist.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:41 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
I vote for CL too!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Im not saying dont use craigs list because it is the best classified site , I wasnt disputing the legitmacy of ads but you dont know way people think I had an experience where I was the one with a place to rent and only 1 out of 5 was serious the rest wanted something else . You dont see this is in a ad. I wasnt discouraging just suggesting take someone along or least let someone know where you are going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary