Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:02 PM

535 posts, read 1,741,208 times

Advertisements

GH: Start a new thread, it will attract more attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 01:06 PM
.-.

157 posts, read 370,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHJohn View Post
I plan to visit the triangle area during my 5th aniverssary. My wife and I are looking to move there at the end of the year. Would like some recommendations on a five star restaurant.
Well I guess it's not the "World Super Buffet" from what I'm reading.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 PM

172 posts, read 509,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .-. View Post
Well I guess it's not the "World Super Buffet" from what I'm reading.
LOL, I could try that but I'm afraid of the prospect of becoming a permanent resident of the "dog house".

Old 12-24-2008, 03:23 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,012 times
"Super World style, upscale, blowout-special, cutting edge, dealer pricing, exceptional, friendly, largest selection, last chance, once in a lifetime, team oriented, professionally managed, enterprise, express Buffet."

Old 01-03-2009, 06:34 PM

33 posts, read 89,055 times
I've never had a bad experience there and I've eaten there quite a few times...my wife eats much more of a variety than myself and she has liked almost everything on the buffet. Chinese buffets are usually not very good in my opinion, so I actually think this one is above average.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:27 PM

38 posts, read 80,741 times
My good freind lives in Holly Springs
I was there about 4 months ago and all I can say is gross gross
I can tolerate many buffets but this one was nasty
I was reading about the glaze over everything comment
that is correct they put a glaze over everything and everything is chewy

Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,956 times
I'm not one to write reviews, much less negative ones; but I'm compelled to do it this time. The week after X-mas I went to the World Super Buffet for the first time and ordered to go: a chicken fried rice, pork ribs and 2 egg rolls. The ribs which came with a red sauce were all right and the eggrolls were greasy as could be expected but that too was okay. However, the chicken in the chicken fried rice did not look like chicken at all and the rice was all sticky; there was no chicken meat at all in the qt. of fried rice--just something that looked like flat squares of chicken skin; it was a weird texture which I thew away without even eating. This past Sunday I went there again with a group of people from my church who had stated that they've eaten there and thought the food was good. Well the food from the buffet looked good and we all ate and felt that the price was reasonable. However, I was the only one to eat from the buffet and the only who got sick; everybody else in my party chose what they wanted and it was prepared in front of them. At about 12 hours later I had to go to the bathroom with diarrhea and vomiting; I thought I was going to die, I'm still having difficulty swallowing as I think the intestinal acid burned my esophagus. Needless to say I've filed a food poisoning report with the public health department.

Last edited by solrac; 01-13-2009 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: to correct typos

Old 01-13-2009, 04:12 PM

446 posts, read 1,393,976 times
That place should be closed. And that's not chicken.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:28 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
Soooo, the place is still there two years later. Has it gotten better? Or are there just that many people out there who will jump at the chance to stuff their gullivers full of all you can eat trash?

(Always looking for good food recommendations in HS, as my daughter has dance classes there a couple nights a week, so wife and I go out to dinner.... )

Old 09-16-2010, 01:33 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,431 times
I like Panda Garden on Sunset and Holly Springs Rd. Not a buffet but good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary