Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM

1,311 posts, read 2,942,539 times

Advertisements

FWIW, M/I is starting a new subdivision at Green Level Church Rd and O'Kelly Chapel Rd. Very close access to 55 and 540 but not too close that the sound is obtrusive. They are putting in the infrastructure now and I'm guessing they will start selling houses this summer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,264,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
FWIW, M/I is starting a new subdivision at Green Level Church Rd and O'Kelly Chapel Rd. Very close access to 55 and 540 but not too close that the sound is obtrusive. They are putting in the infrastructure now and I'm guessing they will start selling houses this summer?
I haven't been out near O'Kelly Chapel Road in a while. How close to these n'hoods will 540 be?

FWIW, I sold a home in Stonebridge and one in Silver Lake. Both n'hoods are built by M/I Homes. My clients are very happy with their choices. Funny thing is that I showed both clients, both neighborhoods and they each chose something different. It is good to have choices!

Vicki

Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,191,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulrustic View Post
@Andy S - Yes, we did check out the West Lake area. I am afraid that 540 will be too close to that community. I mean it will right over there. What do you think?
540 is going to cross West Lake Rd north of Jamison Park so it depending where you purchase in West Lake you're a minimum of half a mile away.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 PM

15 posts, read 25,903 times
It seems Stonebridge it is! Personal choice of not being close to RTP. Hope Stonebridge prices rise. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:59 PM

43 posts, read 100,612 times
I think they are talking about the M/I homes in Evans Farm which is across the road from Weycroft and Hortons Creek. We are renting down the road and have seen the progress. I also heard there will be no ammenity center in the development. We are having a home built in The Park at West Lake. Found the area by accident and fell in love with it!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I haven't been out near O'Kelly Chapel Road in a while. How close to these n'hoods will 540 be?

Vicki
I'm guessing around 1 mile away, depending on where you might be in the subdivision. This will be close to the 540/55 interchange. From there 540 turns southward. BTW, this is just across the road from Weycroft and Horton's Creek.

Last edited by h2ohzrd; 01-24-2011 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: updated info

Old 01-24-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmi View Post
I think they are talking about the M/I homes in Evans Farm which is across the road from Weycroft and Hortons Creek. We are renting down the road and have seen the progress. I also heard there will be no ammenity center in the development. We are having a home built in The Park at West Lake. Found the area by accident and fell in love with it!
Yes, it's called Evans Farm.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 PM

214 posts, read 695,707 times
Any particular reason you dont want to be close to RTP? Is living further away from work really worth spending 1 hour a day every day in the car, plus the cost of gas, car depeciation and possibly tolls for 540? For example, in Providence Place you can get a larger house for less $, with arguably better schools, a neighborhood pool and you will be closer to Durham, Raleigh, RDU and the malls and have a traffic-free 5 minute commute to RTP.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,191,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu2 View Post
Any particular reason you dont want to be close to RTP? Is living further away from work really worth spending 1 hour a day every day in the car, plus the cost of gas, car depeciation and possibly tolls for 540? For example, in Providence Place you can get a larger house for less $, with arguably better schools, a neighborhood pool and you will be closer to Durham, Raleigh, RDU and the malls and have a traffic-free 5 minute commute to RTP.
We live about 1/2 mile from Stonebridge. We do.not.like the west Cary or Morrisville area at all which is why we chose to live where we do. There is no commuting to RTP in this house though so that isn't an issue. Perhaps this person buying will telecommute most of the time only having to go into the office once a week/month, etc. Maybe being closer to Raleigh/Durham isn't a priority or necessity to this person buying in Stonebridge. There is plenty of shopping nearby Stonebridge. Having a mall and the airport within minutes from your house is not a daily need, or even weekly need, for most people. RDU is 20 minutes from here so not a bad drive at all in the grand scheme of things. When the current portion of 540 is complete it will be 5 minutes from here. Easy enough to jump on and get to RTP quickly if necessary and avoid all the traffic. Tolls? Well, perhaps the poster isn't concerned about tolls. Maybe OP isn't concerned about a larger house, either. M/I homes is building good sized homes over there, not everyone wants or needs 4000 sq ft. Seriously, not everyone can or WANTS to live on RTP's doorstep. Not everyone has the same priority when purchasing a home.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 AM

43,348 posts, read 77,209,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncsmomndad View Post
We live about 1/2 mile from Stonebridge. We do.not.like the west Cary or Morrisville area at all which is why we chose to live where we do. There is no commuting to RTP in this house though so that isn't an issue. Perhaps this person buying will telecommute most of the time only having to go into the office once a week/month, etc. Maybe being closer to Raleigh/Durham isn't a priority or necessity to this person buying in Stonebridge. There is plenty of shopping nearby Stonebridge. Having a mall and the airport within minutes from your house is not a daily need, or even weekly need, for most people. RDU is 20 minutes from here so not a bad drive at all in the grand scheme of things. When the current portion of 540 is complete it will be 5 minutes from here. Easy enough to jump on and get to RTP quickly if necessary and avoid all the traffic. Tolls? Well, perhaps the poster isn't concerned about tolls. Maybe OP isn't concerned about a larger house, either. M/I homes is building good sized homes over there, not everyone wants or needs 4000 sq ft. Seriously, not everyone can or WANTS to live on RTP's doorstep. Not everyone has the same priority when purchasing a home.
Sounds just like the conversation on Preston!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Ain't that part of the fascination in real estate?
Golly, we all just don't like the same thing!
One man's junque is another man's treasure.

Something to remember!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary