Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 PM

35 posts, read 100,263 times

Advertisements

Going to be relocating for work in a few months. Need to start house hunting for buying or renting, not sure yet. Wanted to what suggestions you have for suburb type community with fairly easy commute to Duke Medical. Looking for quiet, newer homes, 2000 sq ft plus. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:15 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,344,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyandjoan View Post
Going to be relocating for work in a few months. Need to start house hunting for buying or renting, not sure yet. Wanted to what suggestions you have for suburb type community with fairly easy commute to Duke Medical. Looking for quiet, newer homes, 2000 sq ft plus. Thank you!
LOTS of neighborhoods to choose from. What's your price range? What size lot, need a pool, have kids, etc?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 PM

35 posts, read 100,263 times
Rental Price Range: Max would be $2200

Purchase Price: Max would be 550,000

Would change if we could find a place to rent to own. Don't really care about our own pool although community center, pool would be preferred.

Kids would only be with us in the summers/holidays. Golf course would be nice. Thanks!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,344,672 times
Croasdaile would be the closest http://www.croasdailecountryclub.com/

Treyburn is quiet and a beautiful area. It's out towards the country but you can still get to Duke in 20 minutes.
http://www.treyburn.com/
http://www.treyburncc.com/

Brier Creek is also about 20 minutes located in north Raleigh with an easy commute on the Durham Freeway.
http://www.briercreekcountryclub.com
You can walk to a large shopping center with endless restaurants and shops.
http://www.shopbriercreekcommons.com/

Old 03-04-2009, 03:56 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,426,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyandjoan View Post
There are too many neighborhoods to list! You have areas to choose from in Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Hillsborough etc. It really depends on what type of area you are looking for. My husband and I both work at Duke Medical Center and we live in West Cary. Easy commute, 19 miles. Tons of neighborhoods in your pricepoint but there are also many similar neighborhoods in the other places I listed. Many are closer. I'd suggest coming for visit, hook up with a realtor and explore.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:19 AM

321 posts, read 1,577,670 times
Depending on your price range Grove Park in East / NE Durham has golf course (the part of Grove Park is called Linkside) homes without the golf course price. Ranging from 1300sf to 3000sf and prices from $150k-$300k. As an example, a 1750sf home with 2 car garage on golf course is selling right now for $180K.
I live on there so if you have any questions feel free to pm me. It is a lovely, well kept neighborhood with a pool, tennis courts etc. The commute to Duke Medical Center takes me 15-20 minutes and there is no real rush hour besides the traffic around Duke.
As a comparison homes in Brier Creek on the golf course will run you around $600-750k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary