Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:45 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,215,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
your post says nothing of you trying to contact your neighbors at all. in fact, the way it's written makes it seem like your neighbor was home the entire time and 'They only came out when they saw the tow truck pulling up'.

so forgive me for misunderstanding.

Mike
My bad if I wasn't clear. Also I was not there when I called the cops or tow truck - I had left my cell phone in the apt I'm currently in, so had to go back there to call. But I did make an effort.

But regardless, IMO there's still no excuse or a leg to stand on for someone parking in someone else's driveway, even if I wasn't moving in yet. It's not like the house was abandoned or condemned and I'm sure they were showing it to other prospectives. I would never think of doing such a thing. I'm not even comfortable parking in front of someone's place on the street if I'm visiting neary (eg party etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,178,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
But regardless, IMO there's still no excuse or a leg to stand on for someone parking in someone else's driveway, even if I wasn't moving in yet. It's not like the house was abandoned or condemned and I'm sure they were showing it to other prospectives. I would never think of doing such a thing. I'm not even comfortable parking in front of someone's place on the street if I'm visiting neary (eg party etc).
no argument there

Mike

Old 04-05-2009, 07:29 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,160,677 times
is this a joke with the other thread or just a weird coincidence?
fwiw, people block people in at my parking lot at work, and it's murder trying to get anyone towed.
you'd think in your driveway it'd be no problem, but yeah, i'd definitely try talking to the people next door and across the street first. awkward way to start living next to someone, if you have their car towed.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:39 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,455,862 times
:Twilight Zone music:

Are Joey2000 and Sneezecake neighbors?

Local towing service towed my car - what the hell?

Old 04-05-2009, 07:49 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,085,641 times
You must understand the difference between a civil and a criminal matter. A car being in your driveway is not criminal, but civil. If there is a person on your property that does not have permission to be there, it is criminal (trespassing). Police can enter private property when a crime is presently being committed.

Citizens are responsible for handling civil matters themselves, and there are civil courts to handle these situations.

If there is a car parked in the "employee of the month parking space" at work the police will not have the car towed. It is up to the owner of the property to have the car towed.

If there is a vehicle blocking lanes of travel on the roadway, the police can have the car towed.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:24 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
Moving IS stressful. It is in the top 5 stresses.

I had a very similar situation with clients of mine. We showed up at the house an hour before closing to do our final walk through. There was a NICE truck parked in the driveway. I assumed it was a gift from the neighbors and told my buyers so!

Unfortunately, while we were admiring this truck and the laptop inside it, one of the n'hood kids came over and told us that it was his dad's truck.

I told him to please run home and thank his dad for such a wonderful housewarming gift for my buyers!

THIRTY SECONDS later, dad came out and moved his truck, full of apologies. What a nice guy, even though we were disappointed that the truck wasn't for my buyers!

Vicki

Old 04-05-2009, 03:04 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclover View Post
Your neighborhood is going to LOVE you!
Is it possible this is the neighbor?
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ed-my-car.html
I realize it wasn't my house, but the house has been vacant forever and nobody even knew it was sold. You'd think that any idiot with common sense would have just knocked on the neighbor's door and asked if they knew why a car was in the driveway. I would have happily moved it. All the other neighbors on the street know it's my car, too - any one of them could have told this guy whose car it was.

Wow hope they have a sense of humor if it is.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
:Twilight Zone music:

Are Joey2000 and Sneezecake neighbors?

Local towing service towed my car - what the hell?
Didn't see this before posting but I am wondering the same thing.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:09 PM

17 posts, read 61,497 times
hook a chain to it and drag it out into the street.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,462,794 times
I would've done the same thing, I think you handled it like any reasonable person would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary