Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 04:42 PM

140 posts, read 419,416 times

Advertisements

I am driving by this huge chunk of land that has been cleared on Capital Blvd, right after Toyota dealership, (I think it used to be a golf course there at some point), and can't help but wonder...Did they cut down all of those old majestic trees for a Renaissance Fair or will they use land after the fair is over??? Do you know if there are other plans for this land or a weekend of fun ( for some) is all that it will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 04:53 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,674 times
Car dealerships...because there isn't enough of those on Capital Blvd right now.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:23 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly76 View Post
I am driving by this huge chunk of land that has been cleared on Capital Blvd, right after Toyota dealership, (I think it used to be a golf course there at some point), and can't help but wonder...Did they cut down all of those old majestic trees for a Renaissance Fair or will they use land after the fair is over??? Do you know if there are other plans for this land or a weekend of fun ( for some) is all that it will be.
I think you are talking about land that is closer to triangle town center, it used to be a golf course (years ago) and I know there was one tree that had been hit by lightening. Anyhow, I haven't been down that way in a while, so I have no idea why it was clear cut! I do know it was sold at least 4 years ago. The faire was at a golf course (now defunct) in wake forest. It has not been clearcut, still looks like a golf course except the greens are full of weeds!

Leigh

Old 04-17-2009, 05:47 PM

140 posts, read 419,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I think you are talking about land that is closer to triangle town center, it used to be a golf course (years ago) and I know there was one tree that had been hit by lightening. Anyhow, I haven't been down that way in a while, so I have no idea why it was clear cut! I do know it was sold at least 4 years ago. The faire was at a golf course (now defunct) in wake forest. It has not been clearcut, still looks like a golf course except the greens are full of weeds!

Leigh
Oh no, all the trees are gone..if you are going south on Capital its on the left hand side, just past Toyota.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:58 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,129,113 times
It's so sad. I drive by there every day. The land would have made a great park. But, alas, I too have heard the rumor that it will be car lots.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:01 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly76 View Post
Oh no, all the trees are gone..if you are going south on Capital its on the left hand side, just past Toyota.
That used to be Cheviot Hills Golf course, but it has not been operational in about 4 years. And, I would guess based on the location, that the dealership is expanding!

Leigh

Old 04-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
That used to be Cheviot Hills Golf course, but it has not been operational in about 4 years. And, I would guess based on the location, that the dealership is expanding!

Leigh

It's going to be heck of an expansion. The cleared area is huge.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:02 AM

305 posts, read 713,639 times
I've heard rumors that a Walmart Supercenter is soon to be built along Capital.
Maybe the land is being cleared for that?

Old 04-18-2009, 05:36 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,938,692 times
Cheviot Hills Golf Course sold it's land to 2 companies. MLC Automotive (Leith) bought a parcel that is adjacent to their Toyota dealership (approx 76 acres) so I would assume he would put a new dealership there. Crossroads Holding (also another automotive company) purchased approx 96 acres. Hence probably another dealership! That was always the starting of Capital I liked (up and through Wake Forest/Franklinton etc.) because there were few dealerships and still so many trees....how sad!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Taylor View Post
I've heard rumors that a Walmart Supercenter is soon to be built along Capital.
Maybe the land is being cleared for that?

The Super Walmart is going in across the road from Target according to the signage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary