Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 AM

158 posts, read 472,960 times

Advertisements

So, I'm wondering if I'm going crazy or if someone else witnessed this event as well.

I'm commuting home from work 2 days ago (Tuesday June 2nd) and pull onto Glenwood Avenue to go North right by Crabtree Valley Mall off of 440. The time is about 5:35PM and while stopped at the light in front of the mall, all of a sudden a huge bolt of lightning strikes directly in front of my view probably about 10 or so miles off. It was almost hard to see because it was extremely bright in the middle of day with what appeared to by absolutely NO clouds in the sky. I almost didn't believe it could even be lightning until I heard the thunder directly after seeing it.

I've read about people being struck by lightning on a sunny day at the beach without a cloud in the sky. Apparently lightning can strink miles away from it's source cloud to give the illusion that it came from the blue. This is also extremely rare.

Am I going crazy or did someone else witness this as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary