Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,401,074 times

Advertisements

I drive through part of Fuquay-Varina on my way to and from work. I realize how close to DT Raleigh Fuquay really is. An easy 20 minute ride on one of multiple routes can put you in the heart of Raleigh. There are other parts of FV that are obviously further away, but when I really assess the situation I see a better location in parts of FV than many seem to think. Parts of FV abuts Cary, Apex and Holly Springs. The access to shopping & dining in southern Cary, HS, Apex, FV itself and even Raleigh seem to be a real plus. I wonder how many people that are or will be working in the Cary-Raleigh Metro area even realize the convenience of Fuquay? I wonder about the growth potential over the coming years, especially with 540 scheduled to be built.

Thoughts from the residents about your town would be great, including specific neighborhoods, entertainment, etc.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Well what do you know? Raleigh goes further down 401 than I thought, where it abuts Fuquay-Varina, even though the city limit sign is so much further up.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:00 PM

505 posts, read 2,545,362 times
Hey Charlton

Yeah, My parents work in downtown raleigh and live in F-V. It takes them 25 minutes...but only because of rush hour traffic. It only takes 20 minutes avg though.

I would certainly think Fuquay is closer to Raleigh than Holly Springs.

Also, Fuquay starts over at Mccullers...where the Harris Teeter, Wendy's, Food Lion, and Hardees are at ten ten on 401...but is not city limits.

We live at Crooked Creek in Northern Fuquay off of Hilltop Needmoore (sunset lake), and Johnson pond. Very nice area.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:49 PM

They can head up Lake Wheeler Road, rather than 401. Lake Wheeler is usually wide open whenever I am on it.

I thought you live in Wilson, per your location?

Old 06-20-2009, 09:07 PM

505 posts, read 2,545,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
They can head up Lake Wheeler Road, rather than 401. Lake Wheeler is usually wide open whenever I am on it.

I thought you live in Wilson, per your location?
Yeah, I am in Wilson right now while I go to ECU. We have 55 acres with three houses out here. I get to live here for free...and only 30 minutes from ECU campus. My parents live in F-V...and I used to...or actually still kind of do..I am in F-V right now..lol

Old 06-21-2009, 05:44 AM

5,746 posts, read 17,621,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Lake Wheeler Rd is usually wide open at about 6:30am when I used to go to work. However, it is usually a steady train of cars at 7:30am when my wife goes to work. She sometimes has to sit through the light at Tryon twice.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Lake Wheeler Rd is usually wide open at about 6:30am when I used to go to work. However, it is usually a steady train of cars at 7:30am when my wife goes to work. She sometimes has to sit through the light at Tryon twice.
I am on it around 7am weekdays and it is wide open. It is also wide open on weekends. There are multiple alternate routes in that area that many people do not seem to be aware of. Thank God for GPS.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 AM

306 posts, read 884,288 times
I love Lake Wheeler... such a nice drive. I take it whenever I can instead of 401. We're off Hilltop Needmoore, too. I can go practically from my door to the State Farmer's Market all on Lake Wheeler in 15 minutes. Most people also don't know it's quicker to get to the airport that way - 25 min. flat!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:02 AM

66 posts, read 134,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunadesign View Post
I love Lake Wheeler... such a nice drive. I take it whenever I can instead of 401. We're off Hilltop Needmoore, too. I can go practically from my door to the State Farmer's Market all on Lake Wheeler in 15 minutes. Most people also don't know it's quicker to get to the airport that way - 25 min. flat!
We just moved to F-V and we are literally 4 mins away from Lake Wheeler. It is a quick ride into Raleigh from where we are. We used to do the whole 55 Bypass way to go into Raleigh, but after I discovered how close we were to Lake Wheeler, we go that way. And yes, it is a quick trip to the State Farmer's Market!

Old 06-21-2009, 01:36 PM

5,746 posts, read 17,621,052 times
I'm just south of Ten-Ten and it takes me only 10 minutes to get to Tryon, and another 10 to get downtown. Very convenient. And the nice thing is that you pass by Lake Wheeler, Yates Mill, the NCSU agriculture land, etc. The only street that I like better is Holly Springs Rd from Penny up to Cary Parkway. Well. . . . . . . . . Penny Rd is nice. . . . . and Blaney Franks. . . . .and . . . . . . oh bother. . . . all the country roads down here are nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary