Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 09:57 AM

363 posts, read 1,212,343 times

Advertisements

Hi folks

Both my kids (aged 5 and 7) say they want to go to soccer classes. As a Brit, this is a hallelujah moment for me as I did not want to push them but very glad they voluntarily ask!!! Anyway they had gone to l'il kickers in the past but frankly I was not too impressed with this, just seemed to be kids running around chasing each other and playing games than actual soccer skills. Where I come from you're taught to score goals, sliding tackles and win win at age 3 Seriously though are there decent classes at this age group? I looked on CASL web site but frankly couldn't find anything. In North Raleigh/WF area so not sure what else they might offer at the Factory or at CASL.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 10:28 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,102,934 times
You need to get them on a team - not "classes" They'll learn more playing on a team!
Capital Area Soccer League
Here's the CASL training camps - there's plenty available for you!!!
Your other option is through the Parks And Rec.
And there's this place:
XL Soccer World
They are run by Brits. It's a little far from you though. But pretty cool.

Hope this helps! I'm a fellow Brit but my 7 year old is in year three of playing American Football! I'm hoping perhaps my 2 year old will develop a love for the real footie!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:57 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,934,977 times
There are lots of good soccer camps in the summer (too late for you at this point). We've always liked the program at NC State:

NCStateSoccerSchool NC State Soccer School NCSU soccer

Old 08-21-2009, 03:04 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,032,472 times
My girls started with CASL at age 5 and they do learn skills (but learn them more when they are 7ish), the motto for casl is to have fun, and there is a no slide tackling rule!

We are in wake forest, most of the games at either at smith creek (near heritage) or WRAL fields near the mall. It is a fun group, the kids learn a lot, and it seems like they have fun. My hubby is an assistant coach for both of my girls.

Leigh

Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,655 times
My kids did kickin for the cross soccer - they focus on skills and team play but the season and commitment isn't as intensive as some.

if you google k4c soccer raleigh you will get the link.

otherwise it is:

Kickin' For The Cross - Soccer Camps & Leagues (http://www.kickinforthecross.com/index.php?page=fall - broken link)

if the powers that be leave it in.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 AM

7 posts, read 27,709 times
Good work and nice sharing thanks for the post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary