Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,573 times

Advertisements

I have a background in accounting, finance and taxation with a bachelors in accounting. I have also recently cleared all 4 papers of CPA certification. I am trying since sometime to find a job; but am not successful in even getting an interview. Does anybody know any CPA firms in the triangle hiring for entry level accountants (CPA's) or interns ? I would appreciate any advice or contacts. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 08:43 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times
Are you eligible to join this:American Institute of Certified Public Accountants

If so, you can network with its members.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:19 AM

211 posts, read 613,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ags1461 View Post
I have a background in accounting, finance and taxation with a bachelors in accounting. I have also recently cleared all 4 papers of CPA certification. I am trying since sometime to find a job; but am not successful in even getting an interview. Does anybody know any CPA firms in the triangle hiring for entry level accountants (CPA's) or interns ? I would appreciate any advice or contacts. Thanks.
The North Carolina Association of CPAs is also a good networking opportunity.

Also, Welcome :: Start Here, Go Places., which is an AICPA created resource for early and pre-accountants.

Beta Alpha Psi (http://www.bap.org/) meetings (http://www.bap.org/%29meetings - broken link) at your local college are also good networking opportunities. I am not sure how they would feel about non-students attending, but you may be able to just attend without calling too much attention to yourself from the faculty. Look on the accounting homepages for local colleges.

The market is tough right now. There have been huge layoffs in the larger and mid-tier firms.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:45 AM

66 posts, read 143,540 times
I have also heard that some of the agencies that do temp placements are pretty good. You can find a temp job that leads to something more permanent, and the agencies are always looking for good candidates. Try Robert Half and Ajilon.

Websites:
Robert Half International - Professional Staffing and Consulting Services
Ajilon Professional (http://www.ajilon.com/professional/Pages/index.aspx - broken link)

This at least will be able to help you income wise for the time being! Good luck. I am a CPA who just moved to the area and I am understanding your pain. It is hard to get started in that first job - there is also a lot of competition right now because of the 2 year state requirements with the public experience.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:32 PM

14 posts, read 31,931 times
I'm a CPA who can't find anything either. I've never tried something so frustrating before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary