Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:56 PM

455 posts, read 1,118,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I agree 100%. The only ones who stand up for Durham are the ones who secretly wish they'd never bought there.
And BTW, I've lived in Raleigh for 31 years, been to Durham many times, and each time I leave I tell myself I hope I never have to go back.

Wow, I don't want people like you in Durham either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,577,776 times
Good. It all works out for both of us. I'll stay where it's safe. You stay where the gunshots are and keep those people there.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:01 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,091 times
Quote:
I agree 100%. The only ones who stand up for Durham are the ones who secretly wish they'd never bought there.
And BTW, I've lived in Raleigh for 31 years, been to Durham many times, and each time I leave I tell myself I hope I never have to go back.
lol again! Thanks for the laugh guys!

Old 11-21-2009, 01:07 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,830,538 times
Please keep the discussion civil, folks. Thanks.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:14 PM

181 posts, read 338,841 times
Quote:
The ability to read peoples minds, knowing their secret wishes, is a powerful ability. I hope you use it wisely.

Places are improved by the people they have and often times by the people they don't have.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:22 PM

455 posts, read 1,118,003 times
Quote:
Good. It all works out for both of us. I'll stay where it's safe. You stay where the gunshots are and keep those people there.
Sure. Making blanket statements, like yours, only makes all of us (RTP) look bad.

Then again, maybe you can scare off some more people interested in moving here.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:25 PM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,495,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak View Post
Nope. This was within a few blocks of my place.
Not saying they are not within a few blocks of your place, but how do you know for sure? Gun shots, carry very far in open areas. Even in woods, etc.

Quote:
Is this post serious? If so, you need help. I grew up in Cary and bought a house in Durham, oh god I wish I wouldn't have . I love where I live and do not secretly wish I wouldn't have bought here. I have lived in the area for over 25 years. The ignorance of some are amazing.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:43 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
I see what you have in your status message, but really, you don't always have to come right out and say it.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:32 PM

70 posts, read 324,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
Not saying they are not within a few blocks of your place, but how do you know for sure? Gun shots, carry very far in open areas. Even in woods, etc.
OK, I am no expert, but it sounded like it was right here.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:03 PM

393 posts, read 673,350 times
Quote:
I wouldn't exactly call Raleigh "safe". 163 murders from '99 through '07.

The fact of the matter is people who live in Durham and people who live in Raleigh have to deal with gunshots and elevated crime on a regular basis. Welcome to city life. The crime in BOTH cities is higher than the surrounding suburbs. For some people, the high crime is not an issue. For others, it is the major factor for not living in either place. Everyone has a different comfort level.

The Southpoint area is one of the safest places in Durham. Then again, that is relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary