Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 04:50 AM

149 posts, read 773,931 times

Advertisements

I think Holly Springs is large enough that not everyone will be affected by the land fill. Our neighborhood, for example, is no where near the land fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
We thought about Holly Springs at first, until after I did my research and saw that they are planning a landfill to be built there. NO thanks, buy a brand new home there then your value goes down, because not many people want to live near garbage. After a lot of research Clayton seems like a great place for your price, you get more land too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 05:20 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguys View Post
I wonder if it is going in the lot of land right next to the Harris Teeter plaza????
All the little bugalows across the street from Harris have sold and there is suppose to be something going in there so I too am wondering if it isn't a Target shopping center. I recently also heard that the the homes along Holly Springs Rd heading towards Kildaire Farm Rd (that entire stretch of old homes/trailers) have sold.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:27 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
We thought about Holly Springs at first, until after I did my research and saw that they are planning a landfill to be built there. NO thanks, buy a brand new home there then your value goes down, because not many people want to live near garbage. After a lot of research Clayton seems like a great place for your price, you get more land too.
Yes the landfill is going in but there are very few neighborhoods at this time in Holly Springs that will be affected by that. Plus Wakefield plantation has bought up the land around there and is building a large golf club community much like Wakefield plantation up in North Raleigh which BTW is built on a landfill.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:08 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Until you actually come to the area to see for yourself, its difficult to distinguish between Apex and Holly Springs.

For example...I sold a home in Cotswold, which has a Cary address. We were told it originally had an Apex address. Half a mile down the road, you see the "Welcome to Holly Springs" sign. Half a mile further, past the "Welcome to Holly Springs" sign, I sold a townhouse in Scot's Laurel and it has an Apex address.

These small towns are just bedroom communities of Cary. Apex has more of a downtown than Holly Springs. Morrisville has NO downtown as it was just farm land. Don't get too caught up in the "name game".

Vicki

Old 05-17-2007, 07:31 AM

202 posts, read 949,706 times
Yeah, the name game is tough. For example, Jamsion Park is Apex. But West Lake is Cary? Or part of it is Cary? That doesn't make any sense becuase they are right beside each other. And both are so close to Holly Springs too. I think worring about the landfill and Holly Springs is getting way to much attention. Most of the Holly Springs neighbhorhoods you will never run across it. Now the new development that is going up by Wakefield (12 Oaks) will be bordering it but that won't stop people from purchasing homes there.

For the record I live in Apex and I am moving and staying in Apex.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM

129 posts, read 565,976 times
Holly Springs is growing leaps and bounds and in no time will have all the amentities the other areas have. Apex does currently have much more to offer in the way of shopping and proximity to hwys.
The appreciation rate for HS this past year was over 11% vs Apex just under 6%.
Needless to say the landfill has not been dwelled on with these statistics. If the landfill is an issue to you since it was mentioned, the fact is there are homes with Apex and Cary addresses that are closer to the landfill then some Holly Springs addresses.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:30 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Holly Springs seems okay, as long as you don't have to take Rte 55 through Apex to get home in the evenings. I don't know what other commuting options there are, but I have to remind myself *not* to go near Rte 55 in the late afternoon. I chose Apex over Holly Springs because it's closer to Morrisville, and also the proximity to Beaver Creek. I really like the whole Olive Chapel Rd. area west of town.

My house has gone up in value more than 6% in the past year (closer to 10-11%) - averages are just averages.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 16,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
Clayton is the Volusia County of the Triangle (Orlando reference.) Not my thing, but if you're looking for an inexpensive house and want to be in a country/suburban area, you might like it.
I definately would not agree with the 'if you're looking for an inexpensive house' part. Clayton offers a very diverse price range of homes. There are many different builders - from local to national (some custom some not)Anderson Homes, Centex, Scott Lee, etc.

The school system is great and sometimes even ranked higher then Wake county and best of all we have not had to worry about all the busing/changing school issues!

So unless you really MUST have a mall nearby Clayton offers everything you will need; shopping centers nearby, easy access to highways, great parks and wonderful people!

Old 05-18-2007, 01:29 PM

237 posts, read 914,933 times
Default landfills stink........

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguys View Post
I think Holly Springs is large enough that not everyone will be affected by the land fill. Our neighborhood, for example, is no where near the land fill.
WRONG ... WRONG.... WRONG...... we have land fills in Jersey and you can smell them in the summer for miles. I know someone who could not sell his house for what he paid because of it. Every where else in Jersey house prices were going through the roof and he lost money...Because when he had to sell to move it was summer and when people got out of there car they said according to the realtor "whats that smell" and the land fill was 2 miles away ......NO way will I take that risk............Holly Springs is out no matter what anyone says on this forum. If you buy and it stinks in the summer you can't say I did not warn you.....

Old 05-18-2007, 01:37 PM

237 posts, read 914,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
All the little bugalows across the street from Harris have sold and there is suppose to be something going in there so I too am wondering if it isn't a Target shopping center. I recently also heard that the the homes along Holly Springs Rd heading towards Kildaire Farm Rd (that entire stretch of old homes/trailers) have sold.
They got out befor the stink comes to town and you dont have to be near it they smell gor miles in the summer.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary