Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:32 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhalc View Post
My kids & I were filmed for Buy Me in Holly Springs, NC. It was last year in the fall. They just told us it would be airing next yr (07), but didn't know when. I have been DVRing it ever since hoping that I would catch it. I looked at the site & it talked about a lady with 1000 pairs of shoes in a June episode...that has to be it because this home had the largest closet I had ever seen..it was unreal..like 2 or 3 bedrooms! I am hopeful it will be soon now that they showed the Raleigh episode.
Oh please let us know WHEN! I love to see these shows when our areas are shown. Sometimes I can even guess as to which neighborhood it is!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 09:22 AM

275 posts, read 1,114,960 times
Now I'm not certain...the HGTV description says 5500 sq ft home, but I thought this home was 4600 or so. So I'll just keep the DVR on and see what happens...

Old 08-13-2007, 03:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHomeFinder View Post
I saw that in the paper a while back that they were doing it, they showed the 3 design plans, but didn't show the winner, and (of course) I missed it.

Did they pick the *right* one??
We live in Rolesville NC and Landscapers Challenge Episode " Old World Backyard Sanctuary" was about our backyard renovation. We chose Calcar Bergen Landscape Architects. They created a Tuscan Yard with a firepit and fish pond. It is beautiful.
It was the picture in the "N&O" titled Evergreens and Seasonals.
It will be on again on Aug 18th.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 PM

136 posts, read 589,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Vicki, the thing with "Buy Me" is that it doesn't have to have a happy ending. In many episodes, that show ends with the house unsold & the owners still wringing their hands in desperation. It's really a heart-breaking show! I always feel a little guilty when I watch it ... as if I'm rubber-necking while driving past a really bad car accident. Even so, I really wish I'd caught last night's episode!
I love this show! I agree it is hard to see the homeowners go through all of the work and still not sell the home. I hate that I missed the Raleigh episode that the OP was talking about.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:04 PM

136 posts, read 589,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The owners are never realistic about the price, that's why the houses don't sell...Realtors roll their eyes because they see the same behavior again and again.
That is true most of the time the homeowners set a very unrealistic price and don't want to budge until thier house is on the market for a month or two or the home beside of them or across the street sells fairly fast as another poster mentioned refusing to do needed repairs is another issue

Old 08-22-2007, 05:12 AM

237 posts, read 915,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_info View Post
I love this show! I agree it is hard to see the homeowners go through all of the work and still not sell the home. I hate that I missed the Raleigh episode that the OP was talking about.
i WONDER WHY THE TOWN WITH ALL THAT LAND LET THOSE BUILDERS PUT THOSE HOUSES IN ROLESVILLE VILLAGE ON SUCH SMALL LOTS i HAVE SEEN MOST HAVE NO YARD AT ALL AND THE LARGE HOMES LOOK SO STUPID AND THEY ARE BUILT LIKE ****.YOU GET MORE LAND IN JERSEY .............. ROLESVILLE IS NOT THAT SMART OF A TOWN

Old 08-23-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
i WONDER WHY THE TOWN WITH ALL THAT LAND LET THOSE BUILDERS PUT THOSE HOUSES IN ROLESVILLE VILLAGE ON SUCH SMALL LOTS i HAVE SEEN MOST HAVE NO YARD AT ALL AND THE LARGE HOMES LOOK SO STUPID AND THEY ARE BUILT LIKE ****.YOU GET MORE LAND IN JERSEY .............. ROLESVILLE IS NOT THAT SMART OF A TOWN
I totally agree. The Villages at Rolesville has ok houses, if you "love thy neighbor"!!
There have been two fires in that neighborhood this summer and they spread so quickly because the houses are right on top of eachother. Rolesville unfortunately does not think about quality of life, or the demolition of natural resources when they build these giant sub-divisions. They are only thinking of profits and squeezing as many houses in as little land as possible.
I think it is awlful!!
Yes, you do get more land in NJ- but you can't get Rolesville taxes in NJ.
We, by the way, do NOT live in the Villages at Rolesville.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:03 PM

16 posts, read 76,051 times
Do Home Sellers get anything for being on BUY ME? I mean they are letting viewers into their home and lives to a certain extent. Do realtors only get the publicity or do they get anything for being on it too?

Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM

306 posts, read 1,192,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyjan View Post
We live in Rolesville NC and Landscapers Challenge Episode " Old World Backyard Sanctuary" was about our backyard renovation. We chose Calcar Bergen Landscape Architects. They created a Tuscan Yard with a firepit and fish pond. It is beautiful.
It was the picture in the "N&O" titled Evergreens and Seasonals.
It will be on again on Aug 18th.
Stacyjan - I watched the episode on the 18th - your backyard is lovely. How long did it take them to finish it? Looks like it was a lot of work.

Char

Old 08-28-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChar View Post
Stacyjan - I watched the episode on the 18th - your backyard is lovely. How long did it take them to finish it? Looks like it was a lot of work.

Char
Char- They started the work mid- March and were finished the third week of June.
It was a huge amount of work, but the end justifies the means.
We really feel like we have added "living space" to our home with the new yard.
Thank You.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary