Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:39 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,699,642 times

Advertisements

Hello...Can anyone give me any information about the Wake County school district? Is it any good? What about Johnston County schools? Any info. is greatly appreciated. We're moving to NC soon with our 2 school-aged kids. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2006, 02:12 PM

66 posts, read 347,143 times
Smile schools

i heard cary is a wonderful place for kids and family good school a nice mall just a good old fashion town lots of parks .baily

Old 01-27-2006, 10:45 PM

5 posts, read 21,492 times
To my knowledge, Wake County has the best school district in the state of North Carolina. As a graduate of the Guilford County school district in Greensboro, we were always a close second, but never could beat them! Awesome schools, awesome teachers, and a high quality of life in The Triangle.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:06 AM

6 posts, read 44,319 times
Arrow Retired School Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt4fam
Hello...Can anyone give me any information about the Wake County school district? Is it any good? What about Johnston County schools? Any info. is greatly appreciated. We're moving to NC soon with our 2 school-aged kids. Thanks!

North Carolina continues to be big on education. Education still appears to be a priority in the Wake County School district. I taught in the Johnston County School system years ago. Because of the building, industry, etc., it would be safe to assume that the Education System is still of great quality. You can get information from the School Bd. located in Smithfield for Johnston County and From Wake County School Board - Raleigh. I am relocating back to my home -- Garner. It is growing rapidly and has much to offer. There are year round schools in Wake County School System.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baily
i heard cary is a wonderful place for kids and family good school a nice mall just a good old fashion town lots of parks .baily

CAry is a beautiful town. The cost of living is a little elevated but a great place to live.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinaguy
To my knowledge, Wake County has the best school district in the state of North Carolina. As a graduate of the Guilford County school district in Greensboro, we were always a close second, but never could beat them! Awesome schools, awesome teachers, and a high quality of life in The Triangle.

I would agree with you. I am in awe of what the Triangle has done for the area over the years. This area is my native home. I am relocating back to Garner in 2006 with much excitment. It is a great place to rear and educate children.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,306 times
Wake County Schools have a very informative web site. Also check out the section called "The School Connection" (the second link listed). There are interviews with Parents and such that are very informative. My Wife and I plan on relocating this summer. Our Son will be going into high school in the fall so I have looked into the schools pretty thoroughly. After seeing how good the schools look (at least compared to my town) I wish we moved there a long time ago.
http://www.wcpss.net/
http://www.wcpss.net/newcomer/people_who_care.html

Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM

13 posts, read 57,288 times
I just found out that on realtor.com they have a school report you can look into. If you go to the site just do a search for any home in any area. Click on the first house that comes up and on the bottom in orange bold letters it says "settle in". Below that there is a link for schools. Click on that, then follow the instructions. You can selsct the school you want to research and it gives you important info like student teacher ratio, % of HS grads, SAT scores, etc.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:02 AM

404 posts, read 2,616,651 times
Default garner

can you talk more about garner

Old 02-21-2006, 09:41 AM

6 posts, read 12,991 times
Default School in Raleigh Area

The Wake county schools are great. Our sons are at Lacy Elementary, which has a wonderful prin****l and fantastic teachers. The only thing to watch out for: re-assignment. It's a way of life because the system is growing so fast. If you find a school you really like, move next door and then maybe you'll be safe! I do remember from my days at NCSU how new a lot of the course content was to me (coming from Bladen co schools), while, for the kids from the Raleigh high schools had a much easier time because they had covered some of it in high school!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary