Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 06:33 AM

3 posts, read 12,266 times

Advertisements

My husband and I live in Shreveport, LA, and we have wanted to move to the Carolinas for some time now. He has been employed with Duke Energy (Oil and Gas) for almost 20 years now, but has not liked his job for the past two to three years due to changes. I just recently (March) got my real estate license here in Louisiana. We want suggestions on how to find employment. As far as my employment, North Carolina has a reciprocity licensing arrangement with Louisiana so I would not have to take a licensing examination for the state of North Carolina, and I think it would be easy to find a real estate company to work for. (Any suggestions would be great though) On the other hand, my husband is willing to try another field and get out of the oil and gas industry so does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to find employment? He's been looking on Monster.com and Career Builders. We love everything we've seen and heard about the Raleigh area. We both like mountains and the beach so we look forward to being close to both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 06:39 AM

123 posts, read 486,054 times
Hi Bgriffin - No real estate advice here, but I just wanted to say HI - we just moved from Shreveport LA to Minot ND (husband is in Air Force) and are also getting ready to move to Raleigh in July. We were in Shreveport for almost 5 years.

Good luck with your move!

Old 05-21-2007, 06:43 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
The real estate affiliation would be easy. That is, once you determined a particular location to live in and to service.
You would interview with Brokers-in-Charge with local firms and go where you felt most comfortable. Choices are endless, with a great many good ones. Details of the affiliation vary from firm to firm, and you would seek an agreement that suited you.

Re your husband:
There are several threads here regarding job searches, with good advice for folks trying to get into the area.
It is easier to land that job when you live here, but moving unemployed entails a great risk on your part.
Some of the threads detail the steps folks took, sometime dramatic steps, to get a local job prior to moving here.
Worth searching...

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary