Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 01:25 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,274 times

Advertisements

Have you been to Walnut Creek Amphitheater? Are the seats super tiny? Bigger then airplane seats? Smaller then cinema seats? Did you fit comfortably or were shortening and a shoe horn involved?

And if the width of the seats never entered your mind before going, I'm not talking to you!

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 05:47 PM

142 posts, read 520,901 times
I love your post!!!!! Unfortunately, I am not in the area yet (waiting on a job transfer) and have not been to the amphitheater. However, I know how frustrating it can be when you are seeing people viewing your post and not getting any replies. So, I hope this useless reply doesn't bother you, but I just had to give your props for your very amusing, yet important, thread!

Old 05-26-2007, 05:58 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
Have you been to Walnut Creek Amphitheater? Are the seats super tiny? Bigger then airplane seats? Smaller then cinema seats? Did you fit comfortably or were shortening and a shoe horn involved?

And if the width of the seats never entered your mind before going, I'm not talking to you!

Thanks in advance.
We've been there several times, and my husband is a large man.....they dont seem to be any different then any other place we've been at.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:01 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
Reminds me of the time that I went to Medieval Times in Orlando for the "Knights of the Realm" show and dinner. They seat you stadium-style, on bleachers/benches, and they budget a certain number of fannies per row. Well, my family got on a row with another family that, shall I say, used up part of my family's fannie budget. I ended up having to sit on the edge of the bench, one cheek on and one cheek off, for the entire dinner and show. . . . probably a few hours. Very uncomfortable. The management would not bring me an extra chair so that I could sit in the isle because it was ". . . a fire hazzard". I've never been back since.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
We've been there several times, and my husband is a large man.....they dont seem to be any different then any other place we've been at.
Thank you. That helps.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Reminds me of the time that I went to Medieval Times in Orlando for the "Knights of the Realm" show and dinner. They seat you stadium-style, on bleachers/benches, and they budget a certain number of fannies per row. Well, my family got on a row with another family that, shall I say, used up part of my family's fannie budget. I ended up having to sit on the edge of the bench, one cheek on and one cheek off, for the entire dinner and show. . . . probably a few hours. Very uncomfortable. The management would not bring me an extra chair so that I could sit in the isle because it was ". . . a fire hazzard". I've never been back since.
That's unfortunate. You'd think in this day and age, public venues would have accommodations for people of all sizes.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
.....they dont seem to be any different then any other place we've been at.
I agree and will add that I am usually to cheap to pay for actual seets and usually opt for the cheaper lawn tickets. You can sit on a blanket or bring in your own lawn chair as long as the chair meets certain requirements. Here is a short list of things you should know before you go, from the Walnut Creek Website

ITEMS THAT ARE ALLOWED
Blankets
Food in a clear plastic bag
Lawn Chairs (Must be 9 inches or lower to the ground)
Sealed Bottled Water
Snacks & Baby Food
Small cameras (always check day of show info)

ITEMS THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED
Glass bottles/cans
Coolers/Picnic Baskets
Alcohol/Illegal Drugs
Fireworks
Video Recording Equipment
Sharp or dangerous items
Stickers
Professional cameras

Old 05-27-2007, 01:19 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
My thoughts on Walnut Creek:

We just went out there for the Gwen Stephani concert last week and had a nice time. The seats are not huge. They're pretty packed in. I would say they are average? Smaller than a movie theater seat I think, maybe as big as an airplane seat but they are hard, not cushy and not very comfortable. If you really want to SEE the performer though, you really have to sit in a seat or get a spot right at the very front of the lawn. If you sit back in the lawn, you pretty much have to watch the show on their huge wide screens.

Anyway, a word to the wise on water bottles. It says on their website that you can bring sealed water bottles, so I took a 6 pack of water bottles for myself and our guests. Upon entering the gate, they made me REMOVE the caps off all the water bottles and throw the caps away before entering. He said there is a way to "flick" the caps and people keep getting hit in the head with them. (why do people do this dumb stuff?) Anyway, I was kind of irked because there was no way for me to physically carry 6 opened water bottles with no lids (i had them in a duffle) and blankets and stuff, so i had to throw them all away and buy drinks there (major $$$$$$). Just a word of warning: don't bring anymore water bottles than you can carry IN YOUR HANDS.

And be careful what shows you take younger kids to. The crowd on the lawn can be pretty rowdy and there are A LOT of drunks stumbling all over the place (my experience from going to Altell now for about 10 years). We've also been out there NUMEROUS times when someone sitting around us starting smoking pot once it got dark. I guess some shows are so packed that it's hard for the security people walking around to actually identify who is doing it once it gets dark. Even we couldn't figure out who it was!

Old 05-27-2007, 03:45 PM

115 posts, read 395,931 times
Go for the John Deere Lawn tickets. They're cheaper, there's lots of freedom to move around and spread out, and (unless you get tickets right up front), I'd say the Jumbotrons give you a better view of the show. I've been to a number of shows at Walnut Creek and I've always sat on the lawn.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:50 PM

95 posts, read 101,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
That's unfortunate. You'd think in this day and age, public venues would have accommodations for people of all sizes.
You'd think that people would either lose weight or pay for the 2 seats that they are using. I refuse to sit next to people who "spill over" into the seat that I paid to use.

Hilarious thread title though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary