Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 05:12 AM

44 posts, read 185,445 times

Advertisements

Any personal experience? Nice development? Noise from the railroad? Approx. commute length to RTP?

Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 03:09 PM

bump to the top....

Old 06-08-2007, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,197 times
Don't know if this is any help to you but we drove through there briefly last week. It is on the opposite side of the road to the railtracks , but we didn't hear any trains when we were there. We thought it looked a really neat area. The homes were well cared for and the gardens were pretty. In fact, we made a note that if we decide to buy in that area it would be a good place to look at property.
We noticed there were a couple of new homes being built but I'm afraid I can't remember who the selling agent was.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:02 PM

225 posts, read 954,373 times
We have looked at this development too. Thought the spec homes where nice homes for the $$ but, there is a new road going in along the back side (can't think of the name of it off hand but it is being built right now so you can see where it is going). They are going to start another phase, I think in the next year.

From what I understand the railroad moves through Apex very slowly & never heard anyone complain about the noise.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:23 PM

997 posts, read 4,646,175 times
The train does move very slowly. It is a freight trains and only runs a few times a day. It is a nice neighborhhod with some new construction in the back. it is a swimming pool community. Some of the lots are very hilly. It will be about a max. commute of about 30 minutes with traffic. You can either take Salem St. through Downtown Apex which turns into Davis Drive eventually into RTP or you can take 55 into RTP as well. There are currently 8 mls listings ranging in price from $250K to $309,900.

The neighborhhod is convenient to Downtown Apex, Beaver Creek Shopping, 55, 64 and 1.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
The train does move very slowly. It is a freight trains and only runs a few times a day. It is a nice neighborhhod with some new construction in the back. it is a swimming pool community. Some of the lots are very hilly. It will be about a max. commute of about 30 minutes with traffic. You can either take Salem St. through Downtown Apex which turns into Davis Drive eventually into RTP or you can take 55 into RTP as well. There are currently 8 mls listings ranging in price from $250K to $309,900.

The neighborhhod is convenient to Downtown Apex, Beaver Creek Shopping, 55, 64 and 1.

Hope this helps.
Yeah I like the house at 309,900 but can't tell how flat the lot is....I'm not all about a real hilly driveway....

Matt

Old 06-09-2007, 07:13 AM

225 posts, read 954,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower22 View Post
Yeah I like the house at 309,900 but can't tell how flat the lot is....I'm not all about a real hilly driveway....

Matt
From what I can remember, the drive way may slope somewhat (if any) but, not at a steep incline like others I've seen.
I believe this house was "sold" when we looked at the others on Proper Ct., but, must of since went back on the market.
The only problem with the homes on Proper Ct.: they back up to the new road they are putting in, but, we did like the lay outs & the homes construction in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary