Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:16 AM

7 posts, read 12,888 times

Advertisements

Alrighty then, The move is complete. Home feels like Home....and things are beginning to roll. I just love this area...But I do have one question...When do they shut the wind fans off...holy crap....Chicago has nothing on this place...Windy city my duppa...Lets just blame the Gov. yea thats it...UFWO's on the air base. Like my kids they will never admit to anything.
Please Be advised theres a new company [Mod cut] I'm still currently in the foundation laying stages. All things General Maintenance from the curb to the chimney is my driving ambition. One day you will say you heard it here first. Good old fashioned service, anyone remember that......

Question 1: Does Rapid City proper require a city licence, and if so, is there a property maintenance or handy man licence. I'm licensed Fictitiously with the state, Ive got my tax licence, already began advertising steps, and Box Elder requires a city Licence. waiting on funds to cover that....

Question 2: liability Insurance...can anyone suggest a fair priced insurance company (AS IF; cant believe I just put those two words in the same sentence)

and finally, Ive got a 99 dodge ram that desperately needs a plow on the front....never had one, so the dodge needs all the rigging as well. Anyone got a fair priced used one...or should I rely on tax returns and go for NEW?

Thank you all for any help you give
John Miller

Last edited by ElkHunter; 02-09-2011 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
City does require licensing of certain business' best to talk to the city planning office. Most of the licensing is done at the state level.

The wind always blows or nearly always. It is usually because Kansas sucks... Insurance, shopping around might be the better idea.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:01 PM

Default Feedback

Thanks for the input. thought Id put it out there and see about some feedback. Thanks again my friend.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:15 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
I'd guess I'd start with state farm and go from there. I have ideas rolling around in my head for business ideas. If I am not careful I'd be working ALL the time. I want to have some down time.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:47 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Are you talking liability insurance for your auto or for your business?

For your auto, there are lots to pick from. For business, what I did was go to the bank. Originally I had liability for the construction business and then later I wanted to get bonded. I then went to a bank and enquired about being bonded. I ended up getting bonded and they carried liability as part of it. It was cheaper then the liability insurance I had.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:52 AM

Being bonded is a thought well worth entertaining. Thanks for the lead. At first I thought it a desperate move the idea of attempt building a business (from a married man with a family) living paycheck to paycheck. And while I am still in the foundation building stages, I find that despite the fact that bills have to be paid and the kids have to eat (silly kids) before a penny can invested in myself. I am confident the rewards will be great. And for the first time in my life (especially since I got SOBER) I believe in myself. and I finally see the BIG PICTURE! I thank everyone for being so Kind.

John Miller
[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 02-10-2011 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: No advertising. No signatures.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Where I live, if you want to bid a city contract, you are required to be Bonded. Insured is not enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City