Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 06:19 AM

509 posts, read 1,680,792 times

Advertisements

Are there any banks in Rapid City that are nation wide? Could someone please give me some names of storage facilities in area? Want to worry about hurricanes, humidity, insects(biting kind), heat and crime. Come join us in Florida. We are proud to share all of this at no extra cost! My wife and I have finally decided in two years or less we will be living in Rapid City area. I am ready for cold weather. Thanks to all. It really does feel good to finally make this decison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 07:01 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
That is fantastic, Yamaha!!! Welcome to South Dakota. Hopefully you and your wife can move up sooner then two years. Oh, and bring some of that heat up here.

Banks in Rapid City, SD - Yellow Pages - Switchboard.com (http://www.switchboard.com/Find/Banks/Rapid_City/SD/15965-/yellowpages.htm - broken link)

I'm just going to post the link because I'm not sure which of these banks you have down there. I would guess that Bank of America and Wells Fargo are two that are somewhat nationwide.

Rushmore Storage, Rapid City, SD : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Rapid City Storage

There are a few on the second link. When you find one you're interested in, I'm sure there'll be someone who can tell you something about them and them and how they are run.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:56 PM

464 posts, read 1,355,795 times
Wells Fargo

Old 09-10-2008, 07:39 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,717,521 times
National-
Wells Fargo
Bank of America
US Bank
First National Bank
American National Bank

Regional-
First Western Bank
Great Western Bank
Pioneer Bank and Trust
BankWest

Old 09-10-2008, 10:15 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,925,191 times
As for credit unions, one comes to my mind: Black Hills Federal Credit Union. Are there other credit unions to note in the Black Hills region (which are not closed to outsiders)?

Does Bank of America have physical branches in Rapid City?

Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 AM

Highmark Federal Credit Union

Black Hills Federal Credit Union is pretty big and popular around here.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:56 PM

415 posts, read 972,758 times
Wells Fargo and US bank I would steer very clear from. OMG we had a US BAnk account back in iowa before we moved up here and the fees for fees for fees will just totally kill ya. The customer service for that bank is by far no 5 stars either as they claim.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:50 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,925,191 times
I would agree with SDHomesteader and would also shy away from Wells Fargo and US Bank. I heard from several people about Wells Fargo nickel and diming their customers. Yes, a bank has to make money to make its shareholders happy and to be sound, but it there are some tactics often used by the large banks that are iffy.

I had good experience with BankWest when I was in Pierre. They were friendly and had plenty to offer for a South Dakota-based bank. I have not heard too much about Great Western Bank, although a lot of employees quit on them when they took over Madison-based Security Bank. These two banks, I am most familiar with.

The others ones, I am aware that they are there and can remember seeing ads for First Western Bank when I was in West River a few years ago.

I would suggest with going with a local bank that has a few branches. There service is often more personable. A number of the local banks listed have services and often have better interest rates for CDs and other depository than the larger banks.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 AM

I agree with Chris. A large regional bank is always much more personal and they won't nickel and dime you. I bank with Pioneer Bank and Trust and I know all the tellers by name and we even socialize when I come to the drive thru. They always let me know about a fraudulent charge or if I'm at risk of an overdraft (which is often... ). Haha! I doubt Wells Fargo or US Bank would do that.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:52 AM

509 posts, read 1,680,792 times
Default Thanks

Thanks so much for all of the information. We thought about Bank of America. Sounds great! We hope to be up for a visit later this year, and, assuming our house will sell, we plan to move by mid-2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City