Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:27 PM

84 posts, read 132,488 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or are some of our colleagues not quite together and prepared?

Example: Had an appointment for a showing on my listing. Buyers agent shows up with her client buzzes through the place in 2 minutes. She looks at me and states "Really, across from the projects" "What are you trying to pull'?
I reminded her that she brought her client in to see the space and that she should have done her DD on the location.

So, any of you agents,brokers have similar challenges stories gripes complains etc. ?

Last edited by REtoday; 07-24-2011 at 01:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 12:32 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,097,564 times
I asked an agent for feedback on one of my listing. She said that my house lacked a basement.

I took the high road and said back, my apologizes if you were looking for a house with a basement but my listing clearly states that it is built on a slab with no basement.

Her reply was, it needs a basement.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:33 PM

15,586 posts, read 40,472,737 times
I had a listing agent call me after receiving an offer from one of my buyers asking if "I wanted the offer returned to me shredded or burned." I love aggressive egos. They make real estate so much fun.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:14 PM

84 posts, read 132,488 times
Now thats funny!

Old 07-24-2011, 02:53 PM

11,833 posts, read 34,462,681 times
I have had brokers ask for feedback after they have received the offer.

I have had brokers ask about the appliances that are missing, if they would be included if they wrote them into an offer.

I have told a selling broker about vandalism at a property - only to be told that the buyers would still be expecting the missing items at closing.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:03 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,097,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I had a listing agent call me after receiving an offer from one of my buyers asking if "I wanted the offer returned to me shredded or burned." I love aggressive egos. They make real estate so much fun.
So.....I take it the Seller(s) would not be countering

The most recent deal, the Listing Agent asked me where my Buyers worked despite sending them a pre-qual letter. I told her politely that it was none of her business or her Sellers' business either.

Her reply was that lots of people that were self employed were not capable of making house payments nowadays. I told her my Buyers were pre-qualified for a mortgage and were not self employed.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:42 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,755,380 times
I recently received a phone message from an agent who was showing a condo listing of mine. She was upset because she and her buyer had been driving around for some time and couldn't find the pool. I called her back and left a message that I hoped they weren't still driving around looking for the pool (it's a small development) because there was no pool, there were no photos of a pool in the listing, and the listing made no mention of a pool.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 PM

15,586 posts, read 40,472,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
So.....I take it the Seller(s) would not be countering

No, the seller countered. That was the agent's response when I confirmed receipt of the offer before he presented it.

Deal didn't go.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:15 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,788,051 times
Emailed a full price offer for a short sale listing. Requested an acknowledgment that offer is received.

Emailed at 8am with a 7pm same day deadline for response.

No response Friday
No response Saturday

Sunday sent an email asking for an acknowledgment that the offer was received so I could inform my buyer that I had presented the offer and it was rejected.

Received a reply that he will present the offer on Monday. (Three days after the deadline to respond) Won't she be surprised when she sends back and acceptance and I have to inform her that my buyers offer was off the table now.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:16 PM

10,971 posts, read 22,004,638 times
There's been so many, and yet I can't remember anything specifically right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals