Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 PM

157 posts, read 453,417 times

Advertisements

I am about to start my pre-license courses and was looking to possibly get into commercial property management. I'm wondering what the standard entry point is? Is it leasing agent or assistant property manager? Every position seems to want previous property management experience and I don't think I've ever seen a job posting for commercial property management, only residential. Does one normally start in residential then transition into commercial? Or do all commercial prop managers begin as commercial real estate agents?

Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 06:18 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
I'm not in AZ but am in commercial/industrial property management. The entry level positions are in lease administration, the people that prepare the documents, enter the data into the management/billing system, notarize, and process insurance and surety. Our lowest level job pays about $20/hour and requires 2 years real estate experience. We recently hired a new property manager and got 84 applicants in less than a week, most with over 10 years experience and many with 20-30. We only required 5 years but these days it would be really hard to find a job without experience, so many have been laid off. Residential probably has a lot more opportunites and will help you get experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals