Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 11:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

I work a relatively high priced area. The team concept ( one rainmaker, multiple buyers agents and support staff) is a rare bird in my area, despite that some agent's websites project different.There is not enough business to support the model, unless the team is related and/or become available, when business warrants.

Even in the best of times, most listing agents would not consider delegating a higher end buyer and most certainly not to someone new to the business.

Some of the agents who work foreclosure business in broad areas will refer out low end buyer leads.

Aligning oneself with a high volume team in more affordable areas can't be beat for on the job experience and mentoring, assuming the rainmaker is into and capable of mentoring. It does not matter if that team is RM, CB, KW, C21 or an independent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 12:57 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Brandon, once again, you are not catching what I am sharing. So you keep losing.

I don't know your personal production values. None of my business and don't care to know. What I am saying is simply this, if you and/or your team are producing $ X.xx volume and $ Y.yy Gross Commission Income per year, you are not producing as much as you would if you were with RE/MAX. Yes, there are some outstanding producers/teams of non-RE/MAX affiliation, some of whom rank as high or higher than the top RE/MAX producer/team. I agree to that with absolutely agreement. That being said this is a fact RE/MAX can proudly state since 1999, "Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX."

These are the marketing claims which RE/MAX makes:

RE/MAX is America’s #1 Real Estate Network

Thanks to people like you, RE/MAX is the top choice of Americans buying and selling real estate.
•Most real estate sold.
•Most productive agents.
•Most recognized name in real estate.
•Most Share of Voice in national TV advertising.*
•Most visited real estate franchise website (remax.com).**
•Most professional designations earned by agents.
•Most countries served, far more than most competitors.

*Source: Nielsen Monitor-Plus / A25-54 GRPs Unequivalized for 2012.
**Source: Compete.com, Hitwise, ComScore for 6-month period through June 2012.

So, I suppose you have a less than honest reporting firm with regards to internet exposure, or are you flat out resorting to what I will call Reidism's. You know those that Harry Reid can't find.

Let me also point out, that I know of no firm, maybe yours does, but every brand I know of, especially those with relocation offices, takes a 30% or greater referral cut from all the leads which come from the brand. I also know that only "qualified" producers of each of those brands can receive those leads. I also know that if you are working on a brand referral you are compensated: 1) referral commission (example: 100%-30%=70%); 2) brand franchise fee (i.e. 6% of the 70%) 3) your split, which in the OP's case will make the numbers of a $10,000 gross commission look like this: 1) $ 3000.00 deduction) 2) $420.00 3) 3290.00 leaving the OP with only $3,290 out of what should have been at minimum (at least in my office) a $7,000.00 take home check. At our office agents typically annual office cap is below $15,000. Any agent joining RE/MAX after 2004 is also charged a 5% Management fee. Nothing else at my office. No transaction fees, no mandatory education fees, free transaction management software, and all the RE/MAX provided technology/leads/advertising/education. Our office also provides at no additional charge Circlepix, Pro-Quest, DocuSign, e-fax, and more such as two free courses (Tom Ferry's Sales Power and one nationally recognized designation course) this year.

Oh, well, Brandon, you can kick me, punch me, deny me, accuse me, etc, but with all due respect, you are a loser if you don't stop and allow yourself to be logical. So long as you remain emotional and try to kick your fabrications off on me, you can win the debate, but you'll be losing the income.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:29 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Well Tom, I can't argue the point based on my production I'd probably make more at Re/Max. Whatever it says about me, money isn't my sole motivator in life. I have a family friendly caring office and great leadership on a local and national level that know me. I'd rather make a little less in a friendly caring environment any day than work in a cut throat money driven office. I've worked at places with poor management and a bad work environment and don't care to do it again. I like my company, my career, and my clients. I take care of them and they are loyal to me. Too bad you seem to feel the balloon's agents sole motivator is money, I'd hate that work place. So yes, I choose to keep losing income.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Well Tom, I can't argue the point based on my production I'd probably make more at Re/Max. Whatever it says about me, money isn't my sole motivator in life. I have a family friendly caring office and great leadership on a local and national level that know me. I'd rather make a little less in a friendly caring environment any day than work in a cut throat money driven office. I've worked at places with poor management and a bad work environment and don't care to do it again. I like my company, my career, and my clients. I take care of them and they are loyal to me. Too bad you seem to feel the balloon's agents sole motivator is money, I'd hate that work place. So yes, I choose to keep losing income.
Ya see Brandon, you do have a mind and a heart. Every brand has its good and its bad. Our conversations, at least from my end, have never been about one office, one agent, but about the macro-issues. My office isn't the best RE/MAX office, certainly not the worst, either, but when considering a brand, you are are right, everything about real estate is local. St. Louis has a great franchisee with several offices in the RE/MAX Gold firm. There are many more RE/MAX offices in the St. Louis area. My office happens to be one of the smaller offices in Louisville, but we have above average productivity and it's getting better. Simply speaking inside of RE/MAX, some agents will perform better in our small intimate office while others need the mega-office to achieve. This makes your points very valid, but my points are always about the overall brands.

Realogy holds several brands, Coldwell Banker, Century 21, ERA, & Sotheby's are major holdings, but Realogy is in horribly weak financial condition right now. RE/MAX International made a bad decision to buy one of its major regions in early 2008. Wow, can you imagine paying a premium for the state of Florida in early 2008 and not having to realign? But RE/MAX did and it is now poised to pounce on the return of real estate, when and if it recovers. Prudential is now Brookfield and with each franchise contract renewal, there will be the sometimes huge expense of rebranding. Even Keller Williams must "shift" to renew agents confidence in joining a firm with a huge turnover, even though the original concept of the KW model was focused entirely on retention.

I have not one bit of cause to harm these other firms, they are doing themselves in without my aid. I do have a responsibility to care about people and through discussions such as this forum, give them reason to explore all the options and understand the pros and cons of each brand, their structure, history, and marketing model.

Regarding money driven offices. Brandon, you have 24 hours every day, just as I do. I could think of 1000 things which I rather be doing that working. Although I enjoy every day and every bit of my career, I like the idea that the biggest, baddest, income-generating machine is also a great place where we give hours and sacraficially to those who need. RE/MAX affiliates and agents have donated more than $120,000,000 to the Children's Miracle Network of hospitals. We've given untold millions to breast cancer research, and locally, offices routinely donate time, blood, and money to support local causes. Our office eats together, we learn together, and we sell real estate together. It is about fun here, too, but money is the reason we come together. We stay together because we like each other, like what we do, and how we do it.

Odds are you have a great RE/MAX office in your area. Odds are there is a not as good as great office or two there too. I'd bet you (and I have no other reason to bet) that you'd find that great office, too.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
I'm being trolled hard.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:54 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Groundhog Day funny part - YouTube

Old 11-04-2012, 12:10 AM

1 posts, read 5,475 times
Hi there, i was reading this post and I was wondering if you wanted to share any thougts after 3 months being with CB. I also got my license recently and i am going with cb as well on Monday. I will have to pay $192 for the initial training but at least it looks like there s a lot available...not sure if after the initial $192 i will have to pay again to take additional training anyway, how is it going so far? Whats your overall perception of the Company now that you are in?
Thank you
Arturo

Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Ya see Brandon, you do have a mind and a heart. Every brand has its good and its bad. --------<snip>--------
Mr. Cox, are you ethically allowed to give an opinion on Semonin?

Old 11-04-2012, 06:03 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
I worked at two Remax offices. The first one went out of business while I was there; the second went out of business after I left.

As an agent I was operating my own independent contractor business, and paying a high fee to say I was a Remax agent. The first office had phone duty where you could pay a fee to sit by the phone for 4 hours to get incoming leads. Most of the leads that got transferred to the phone duty were for rentals. Later I learned that the good leads were funneled to the owner and another agent.

The training that Remax offered were the videos you had to go to the office to see, and you could pay for the Buffini training if desired. I watched a few of them and was not impressed. The designation training and other classes were much better, in my opinion, because they were more timely.

The only part that was good for me was they had a mentor program and I joined that for a year.

But the balloon never did anything for my business. People hired me because of my marketing, their trust in me, and what they felt I would do for them; not for the balloon.

The other franchise didn't have the phone duty, and all incoming leads went to a select few in the office; just like the good leads went to a select few in the first franchise..

I was running my own business, developing my own leads, developing my own web sites, doing my own marketing; and paying $700 per month plus 5% of commissions, plus e&o; and working out of my home office. I could have paid $500/mo more and had a small office in the shop. But I prefer to work out of my own comfortable home office.

Finally I realized that I was paying for nothing. Why not start my own company and use the money I was paying to the big box to pay for more marketing of my own company.

So I elected to start my own boutique company, and couldn't be happier. I still work out of my home office and the money I would be paying a franchise is better spent on more marketing.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 PM

Default About Semonin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Mr. Cox, are you ethically allowed to give an opinion on Semonin?
I am ethically allowed, but as I have a potential financial gain from doing so, I won't on this forum. I will be happy to discuss Kentucky and Indiana (where I am licensed and have financial interests) via direct e-mail or via private messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals