Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times

Advertisements

Tom, I don't even attempt to look at statistics to determine which big box outsells the other. It doesn't matter to me. I have nothing against Remax or any other big box. I just prefer to be my own boss.

I compete against myself to be as best as I can, and continue to improve.

But as for Remax franchises being a boutique, there is not sufficient uniqueness that would make one unique in the business. They all pay a franchise fee; they are all beholden to Dave Liniger. They all pay a franchise fee, use the same training, are all issued the same franchise documents that regulates most of what they do. And as I said before, if a franchisee screws up, Dave will be at your doorstep very quickly and take some action, depending on what is best for the Remax corporation.

There may be some minor differences in the way a franchisee runs his office, but it can not be a departure from the corporate philosophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
Tom, I don't even attempt to look at statistics to determine which big box outsells the other. It doesn't matter to me. I have nothing against Remax or any other big box. I just prefer to be my own boss.

I compete against myself to be as best as I can, and continue to improve.

But as for Remax franchises being a boutique, there is not sufficient uniqueness that would make one unique in the business. They all pay a franchise fee; they are all beholden to Dave Liniger. They all pay a franchise fee, use the same training, are all issued the same franchise documents that regulates most of what they do. And as I said before, if a franchisee screws up, Dave will be at your doorstep very quickly and take some action, depending on what is best for the Remax corporation.

There may be some minor differences in the way a franchisee runs his office, but it can not be a departure from the corporate philosophy.
Bill, while I appreciate you wish to be your own boss, this is not an attempt to recruit you, never has been, never will be. It was about advising people from all over the US about the best opportunities to be successful in the real estate world.

What you continue to show ignorance about is the training, the beholding to Dave Liniger, same documents, and how we are regulated. You are simply wrong.

Yes, we can use the same training, yes, we all appreciate Dave Liniger, and yes there are optional documents such as the model Independent Contractor's Agreement (ICA), but we are not bound or beholden in any such manner as you seem to be implying. Except for deliberate degredation on the brand, I have never heard of one incident were Denver (our term for RE/MAX, LLC) has ever knocked on an office door with inappropriate action. As a matter of fact, I personally know of Dave spending millions of dollars to defend his clients, the broker-owners. I also recognize that Dave has kept more people out of hock with state real estate commissions and NAR organizations than imaginable. However, you are wrong in how we are mandated to use the tools and assets of RE/MAX. The best phrase that we have to illustrate our relationships at any level of RE/MAX is "in business for ourselves, but never by ourselves."

I am sorry that you don't care to believe me which is your loss, but I stand by every point I have attempted to relate at anytime, in any thread of this forum. I don't know your personal circumstances, nor those of any member of this forum but my own; but in a generic manner, I can speak absolutely to the greatness and production of agents affiliated with RE/MAX.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
I don't know what he's trying to get at. We've all said the balloon is a fine franchise. Apparently that isn't enough. He wore me out again for awhile, I can't be trolled for a week or 2. I admire your fortitude Cap.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM

Tom what's important is that you're happy where you are, and that I'm happy where I am, and I love the training that I get on my own.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:20 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Actually, it seems safe to infer that what is important is "Who Gets The Last Word."

Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Tom what's important is that you're happy where you are, and that I'm happy where I am, and I love the training that I get on my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Actually, it seems safe to infer that what is important is "Who Gets The Last Word."
Been reading this for the last 2 months. I'm happy where I'm at also, can I get the last word ?

Knowing Realtors, probably not.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Been reading this for the last 2 months. I'm happy where I'm at also, can I get the last word ?

Knowing Realtors, probably not.
Word up.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Quote:
Bill, not to get the last word, but to hammer home, NOBODY, especially me has recruited you to join their office, but the OP of this thread needed help in deciding where to begin.

You and others have made this long thread all about you, I have done everything possible to make my posts all about you and the others, too.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Bill, not to get the last word, but to hammer home, NOBODY, especially me has recruited you to join their office, but the OP of this thread needed help in deciding where to begin.

You and others have made this long thread all about you, I have done everything possible to make my posts all about you and the others, too.
Tom, with all due respect, you have made this thread about your Remax office and the Remax brand being superior to all others. Not only in this thread, but in other threads also. I have long viewed many of your posts as being a huge recruiting effort on the behalf of Remax.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,035 times
Quote:
Tom, with all due respect, you have made this thread about your Remax office and the Remax brand being superior to all others. Not only in this thread, but in other threads also. I have long viewed many of your posts as being a huge recruiting effort on the behalf of Remax.
Yep, I've been wondering how long it was going to take a moderator to come in and put a stop to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals