Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 05:07 PM

81 posts, read 232,796 times

Advertisements

"You know I was wondering about this because you said this before and I wonder if Zillow only lets consumers leave reviews if the agent closed the sale of the house. Since you fired your agent and didn't close, maybe that's why the system didn't let you??"

I know this was said a few posts back but thought I'd just toss out a bit of info....the true answer would be a BIG NO all the way around..

For example:
If any care to look Zillow will allow a "Review" because an Agent did not respond to an email or respond fast enough
(Sounds stupid but it's true)
I looked at a 5 Star Review yesterday for an Agent from someone who's question that agent responded to in the Q&A Forum..that's it apparently they liked the response to their Question
There have been they didn't treat me nice Reviews and I didn't use them but they were nice "Reviews"
There are negative "reviews but if ya look close then you might notice they mostly belong to agents not paying Zillow for Premier Agent status and to add to that on several sites (ActiveRain be one) I've seen Agents blog or discuss Zillow sales people telling them if they become a Premier Agent they won't ever have a bad review posted or if they have any they will be removed...

As someone who has spent a bit of time at Zillow the topic of "Reviews has been argued often, many complaints and a plethora of Agents having 50-60-70 "Reviews" that all appear to be written by the same person lol...truth is if you look over the consumer (passer by not regular posters) you see quickly most figure "Reviews" are a joke..just a tired old Advertising gimmick (Testimonials) with a new face...Silverfall's approach to reviews would be nice (Good and Bad) but imho not close to being reality....
IMO just like Fart jokes or people getting kicked in the groin there will be an audience I suppose but I think it's just more disconnect from what most of the public is really interested in or asking about....in other words it seems to me lots of Agents are interested, asking about them but consumers or at least those I've seen or heard share an opinion for the most part give them a big yawn.

Anyway if any really care to check ya might just be surprised what a Zillow Review can be based on...I spoke out loudly for quite awhile about them but have grown into a if Agents think they have value then let them...I don't think any but the dumbest consumer thinks they do

Last edited by dunespeak; 04-05-2015 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 05:20 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunespeak View Post
"You know I was wondering about this because you said this before and I wonder if Zillow only lets consumers leave reviews if the agent closed the sale of the house. Since you fired your agent and didn't close, maybe that's why the system didn't let you??"

I know this was said a few posts back but thought I'd just toss out a bit of info....the true awnser would be a BIG NO all the way around..

For example:
If any care to look Zillow will allow a "Review" because an Agent did not respond to an email or respond fast enough
(Sounds stupid but it's true)
I looked at a 5 Star Review yesterday for an Agent from someone who's question that agent responded to in the Q&A Forum..that's it apparently they liked the response to their Question
There have been they didn't treat me nice Reviews and I didn't use them but they were nice "Reviews"
There are negative "reviews but if ya look close then you might notice they mostly belong to agents not paying Zillow for Premier Agent status and to add to that on several sites (ActiveRain be one) I've seen Agents blog or discuss Zillow sales people telling them if they become a Premier Agent they won't ever have a bad review posted or if they have any they will be removed...

As someone who has spent a bit of time at Zillow the topic of "Reviews has been argued often, many complaints and a plethora of Agents having 50-60-70 "Reviews" that all appear to be written by the same person lol...truth is if you look over the consumer (passer by not regular posters) you see quickly most figure "Reviews" are a joke..just a tired old Advertising gimmick (Testimonials) with a new face...Silverfall's approach to reviews would be nice (Good and Bad) but imho not close to being reality....IMO just like Fart jokes or people getting kicked in the groin there will be an audience I suppose but I think it's just more disconnect from what most of the public is really interested in or asking about....in other words it seems to me lots of Agents are interested, asking about them but consumers or at least those I've seen or heard share an opinion for the most part give them a big yawn.
Anyway if any really care to check ya might just be surprised what a Zillow Review can be based on...I spoke out loudly for quite awhile about them but have grown into a if Agents think they have value then let them...don't think any but the dumbest consumer thinks they do after a couple years of observing
Good post, that props up your street cred....
So, whaddya think about people who fart when they're kicked in the groin?

Old 04-08-2015, 01:33 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,397,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridatimes View Post
Hello,

I have toyed with the idea of having one website where i can direct satisfied clients to leave a review/recommendation.

I not sure which website would be the best for something life this. the options are zillow, trulia, and realtor.com, yelp.

i saw one realtor on zillow or trulia. she had about 50 positive reviews. below that though, she had maybe 7 listings, and like 15 sold in recent history. im pretty sure that the reviews have some weight.

im interested in your opinions. thank you in advance
I'm sorry, but the last thing the world needs is another way for people to leave a "review" of someone or some business. I've seen reviews that were so obviously written by the owner it was a joke. Some that were written by people whose hobby is evidently bashing services and demanding aka extorting a refund.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:22 AM

265 posts, read 404,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
I'm sorry, but the last thing the world needs is another way for people to leave a "review" of someone or some business. I've seen reviews that were so obviously written by the owner it was a joke. Some that were written by people whose hobby is evidently bashing services and demanding aka extorting a refund.

Thanks, but no thanks.
I think online reviews are great. Maybe it's just in my market, or the demographic I tend to work with given my market, expertise, etc (millenials), but I feel that online reviews are absolutely needed.

First of all, I don't offer anything in exchange for a good review (like some of the previous examples given here that I think were a completely off base comparison). My company automatically emails clients for a review of their agent post-closing. I think to (1) keep tabs on how their agents are doing and (2) provide a seamless way to get these reviews posted online (as they're linked to our Trulia, Zillow, etc accounts IF we have them and opt to link). Note I think my company is VERY tech savvy and ahead of the game when it comes to technology, social media, connecting with the market, etc, so I'm not surprised that this is one of their practices.

From my experience, my clients are more than happy to leave reviews as they've been super appreciative and happy with the service I provided.

Secondly, when working with clients, I'm always referring inspectors, attorneys, etc. I'll send them a list of ones I like/have proven to be great, and guess who are the ones that always get picked? Yep, the ones with a stronger online presence.

I also have a feeling (and have not had proof that this is true) that when I'm referred by others, everyone is going to google me. I feel that my online presence/reviews have probably solidified a lot of referrals/leads after they read my reviews. (The same way I do ALL THE TIME with hair stylists, dentists, vets, restaurants, nail salons, etc).

Maybe it differs by market, but I think online reviews are absolutely essential. And... don't knock it until you tried it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals