Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 07:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

How long did you study for the real estate salesperson exam?

I will be taking the exam soon specifically for California. I completed the courses. I have experience as a real estate investor. But would like to pass the test on the first try.

Are there any online exam preps that you signed up for that helped you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 03:59 PM

738 posts, read 765,002 times
Zero in Texas. I did classes in person and took the practice tests in class with a closed book and got between an 85 and 100 on them. In my case the school tests were harder so I passed pretty easily and quickly. I had a fair amount of prior investor experience as well. Biggest thing was memorizing units like sq.ft. per acre since I normally bookmarked a calculator on my desktop. Your course provider may have a study guide or test prep to take.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:38 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
clearly, this is going to be State-specific.

In NC, we had a class test, which I studied some of the arcane - and frankly real-life useless - stuff for several hours. When I made > 95% on that (and passing is required) and knew the State license test was pass/fail at 70%, I didn't study at all.

How you react to standardized testing will probably be very important to your success rate.

Last edited by BoBromhal; 02-11-2018 at 05:49 PM..

Old 02-11-2018, 08:15 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Thanks .

Yeah for CA it's pass/fail 70% as well , which is relatively low. I believe they tell you right away if you passed or not which is nice.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 AM

14,473 posts, read 12,101,318 times
In our state, we only got to know we passed.... we never got to know our score.

J_B:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmtpau8sOU

Old 02-12-2018, 08:09 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
In our state, we only got to know we passed.... we never got to know our score.

I know I got a 93.
And, my buddy got a 97.
Neither of us studied outside class.

But that was 12 years ago, and I have been told that the test is a bit more difficult.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:14 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,973 times
Study until you know that stuff. Any test is easy if you know that material. I have taken the test in Arizona and Idaho. Neither of those tell you your score. Its pass or fail with no class test first. I thought Idahos test was much easier, but it could be because I had experience already. I never understood why people buy extra materials. You won't understand it enough until you've been involved in a few deals. It's best to find someone you can partner with for a bit at first.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:17 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
In CA - several months - used several different forms of study (online quizzes, videotapes, courses) - in the end, best study tool: Index cards with questions on one side, answers on the other. Quizzed myself daily for a while.

Good luck.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:00 PM

6,377 posts, read 5,492,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I know I got a 93.
And, my buddy got a 97.
Neither of us studied outside class.

But that was 12 years ago, and I have been told that the test is a bit more difficult.
If the actual course exam and/or licensing exam is anything like the practice exam or even the in-book unit quizzes.....I'm guessing it's more difficult.

I've always been the type to roll my eyes at the idea of any multiple-choice test being difficult or even "tricky"....but the details used in the wording of many of the questions and answer choices I've encountered when practicing so far can be very intentionally misleading. A difference of one word that seams like a minute detail can make the question ask something very different than originally perceived at first glance. here are very few obvious answers or answers where process of elimination is an easy one.

I'm taking my final practice exam tonight; grading it and going over the areas where I'm weakest tomorrow night and Saturday. Course exam is Sunday. Not stressing too much and feel like I have a good understanding of the material and concepts. Not worried about the math much at all. We'll see how it goes!

Old 02-14-2018, 07:09 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
good luck Nick. For me, I was good at the math part, so I went to that first, knowing that gave me an advantage over everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals