Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:41 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,150,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotcha View Post
but but but I thopught that your service is free?
I believe I said it's free to the buyer. It's free to you if you buy with them. Would you work for your employer for nothing? I doubt it. Why is everyone looking for something for nothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 01:49 AM

Quote:
No I don't like this story at all. A lie is still a lie. in other words you SET them up (AKA "the set up"). why do you resort to this kind of tactic? you said that you wanted to show them one more home (your friends old home)...and than said "i told them that the only reason we were at the last house is so they could meet their new neighbors !!!" You are not a match maker you are a real estate agent. show the home and stop playing match maker. Perhaps you were allowing your friends to get a preview of thier new niegbors. If your friends did not like them you may Have some controle, would you not? perhaps find them another home and sway them away just as you swayed them towards? just as easy right?

Another way to look at this is that the buyer liked the home next to your friends new house and you thought that maybe they might like your friends old house and you could kill two brids with one stone. however, you knew you will be making your comm. either way. what have you got to loose? is that right?

This is a lousy thing to do... and very unprofessional of you IMHO. You are medaling with something you should not be. Just show the homes as an unbias party, its that simple. This kind of thing is all too common place in the market and just another reason that I say that as buyer you are on your own. No such thing as a buyers agent. Others have compared you to something a kin to "lurk and slither" Do you see why they might say such horrible comments?

Perhaps it worked out for your friend this time but this is a horrible thing to do! Again I would bet that if your friend did not like their future new nieghbors than you would help out your 'good ole bud'... right?

does any other realtor on this board see anything wrong with what he did? I'd love to get everyones opinion on this. Please let me know if I am off base. Please help me understand the good done here!

I agree. As a professional Realtor working as a Buyer's Agent you should be totally upfront and honest with your client. If your clients want to meet their neighbors just suggest they stop over and introduce themselves. Everything you do should be on a professional level, all emotions aside.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:36 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Back to the original question. You need access to the MLS to get an accurate CMA and the only way to get access is through a realtor. You can go to a web site and see what houses are listed for but that's what their listed for that's not what their sold for. To price your house properly you need to know what the houses in your area sold for not what their listed for.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:33 AM

79 posts, read 192,718 times
[quote=businessperson;501321]
Quote:

In North Carolina ALL sellers whether FSBO or not are required by law to provide buyers with a NC Property Disclosure Statement. It covers everything from roof to water damage; there are three categories to check: yes, no, and no representation. If a seller checks "No Representation", of course that's a red flag. If they check no and it is later found that they were aware of a problem they are liable for lawsuit.
Oh I see only if they are "aware" huh? thats a hard one to prove in court. basically its worthless than... what I'm saying is that if they say no and the roof needs replacing within a sertain period of time... the seller should just have to pay. Period.

what happens if they check off no representation??? you say its a red flag. I call it a loop hole and at least in my area the seller will pay me $500 (almost nothing) which is not alot but at least they have to pay.

Last edited by gotcha; 03-27-2007 at 10:45 AM..

Old 03-27-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
I believe I said it's free to the buyer. It's free to you if you buy with them. Would you work for your employer for nothing? I doubt it. Why is everyone looking for something for nothing?
I'll pay for anything if I am getting something... I guess that is what the originals posters concern was. I see his point

Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Back to the original question. You need access to the MLS to get an accurate CMA and the only way to get access is through a realtor. You can go to a web site and see what houses are listed for but that's what their listed for that's not what their sold for. To price your house properly you need to know what the houses in your area sold for not what their listed for.
zillow.com is a great source but most realtors will not admit to this or will say its inacurate

Personally I still have my Realtor do the cma for me... you still don't have to use them if you don't want to. just get the cma's

Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 PM

zillow.com is a great source but most realtors will not admit to this or will say its inacurate

Personally I still have my Realtor do the cma for me... you still don't have to use them if you don't want to. just get the cma's

Sounds like you're a very honest and above board type guy; And people say you can't trust Realtors

Old 03-27-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:

No wonder you don't trust Realtors. It's been my experience that those who don't trust can't be trusted.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:13 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,943 times
"my Realtor"?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:04 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,141 times
Question Zillow's Accuracy

Quote:

Some might find this interesting:

"A nonprofit has filed a complaint with the FTC against Zillow.com, the real-estate estimate Web site, accusing it of posting inaccurate estimates.

In its complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, the National Community Reinvestment Coalition states that Zillow is 'intentionally misleading consumers and real-estate professionals to rely upon the accuracy of its valuation services despite the full knowledge of the company officials that their valuation Automated Valuation Model (AVM) mechanism is highly inaccurate and misleading.'"

You can read it for yourself at http://news.com.com/Nonprofit+allege...3-6130392.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals