Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:36 PM

79 posts, read 192,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
Some don't trust doctors, lawyers, dentists and so on because they are always thinking about "how much money they make" type of thing.

Potential customers/clients should try to heed this old saying: "Do not judge a person until you have walked a mile in his/her shoes."

Havn't you heard, there is more trust out there for the professions that you mention than for Realtors. In fact I would not even put Realtors in trhe same catagory as Doctors or dentists or lawyers (I have to think about that one a bit more )

You have gotten a bad rap for the way that MOST of you do buisness. I am still trying to locate someone who is loyal. been through many and still I am left to feel that I am on my own. In my are where we have expiereinced a boom you guys don't even feel the need to work hard. Money came to easy but thats all over now. Thank you lord!

"Do not judge a person until you have walked a mile in his/her shoes." ahem! I have put on many miles walking around after these people. i have a right to say what I do. belive me. The truth is that this is not going to go away until you change your ways. that time has arrived, different market now... Now there is a different song and dance and the posers ran for cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,462,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotcha View Post
FINALLY, someone who speaks with some sort of humility. Forgive me but I did not think it was possible to see in my life time... I hope I find a realtor who is as honest as you. That man/woman will get my buiz.

Unfortunatly, I have dealt with many bad apples. In fact, ALL of the Realtors I have dealt with were bad apples. I will admit some worse than others. But they ALL lied to me in my face and all were after one thing... NO not helping a buyer get into the right home but trying to make me sign on the dotted line. This housing boom has done nothing for anyone, not even those Realtors or sellers who's pockets were fatened. I'm glad that the time is now to get things back into order. let the realors work for a change AMEN
Those guys /gals were only looking at the short term picture (make a sale)
What they should have been more interested in was to make a sale that is good for your client ,this way you make a friend who will refer his/her friends to you.
Here is a little story you might like
I sold a house to a friend of mine and was selling his old house for him
The house right next to his new house was also for sale and he would have bought that one but he has 2 little daughters and that one had an inground pool....
I got a call from a young lady who wanted to buy a home with her parents and wanted to see one of our listings, i took her to see it but it was'nt what she was looking for , she told me what she was looking for and what price range she wanted to be in, i put together a bunch of listing and we looked at houses everynight for a week, the last house i had left to show them was the one next to my friends new house ,they loved it and wanted to put a bid in, i lied and told them we still had one more house to see, and took them to my friends old house i was listing,they got to meet my friend and his wife and daughters because they had not moved yet,they liked each other right away and as we were leaving they told me they still wanted to put a bid in on the other house and i told them that the only reason we were at the last house is so they could meet their new neighbors !!!
Later on that evening i called my friend and he asked how they liked the house and i told him they needed 4 br but they liked his family so much they were going to be his new nieghbors
no my friend was not mad at me (his old house was only 3 br and they needed 4)
yes they are friends and yes they both referred thier friends to me

Oh yeah the house i sold them was on the low end of their price range

Old 03-26-2007, 05:03 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,151,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
how do I get CMA if I am buying without using a buyer's agent.

i think i might be able to get a better deal by eliminating atleast one party from the picture. Or is this easier said than done
Why don't you just call a Realtor and ask for a free CMA and tell them that you plan to buy without a Buyer's Agent because you think you can save a buck. I'm sure someone would be more than happy to work for you for free so that you can save money.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 PM

[quote=gotcha;496706]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post

Full disclosure about property is required; even if you choose not to have representation, you would have all facts about the property regardless.

QUOTE]

wrong, there is a loophole there too... In my state if the seller knows that there is something wrong with the property, rather than disclose info. they are instructed by thier Realtor to just pay the buyer a minimal fee (around $500) at time of closing and they dont have top discloe a thing...
That's unfortunate GOTCHA. I'm not sure what state you're in but that's not the case in NC. If a seller misrepresents anything on a Property Disclosure Statement they may be subject to legal action.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Those guys /gals were only looking at the short term picture (make a sale)
What they should have been more interested in was to make a sale that is good for your client ,this way you make a friend who will refer his/her friends to you.
Here is a little story you might like
I sold a house to a friend of mine and was selling his old house for him
The house right next to his new house was also for sale and he would have bought that one but he has 2 little daughters and that one had an inground pool....
I got a call from a young lady who wanted to buy a home with her parents and wanted to see one of our listings, i took her to see it but it was'nt what she was looking for , she told me what she was looking for and what price range she wanted to be in, i put together a bunch of listing and we looked at houses everynight for a week, the last house i had left to show them was the one next to my friends new house ,they loved it and wanted to put a bid in, i lied and told them we still had one more house to see, and took them to my friends old house i was listing,they got to meet my friend and his wife and daughters because they had not moved yet,they liked each other right away and as we were leaving they told me they still wanted to put a bid in on the other house and i told them that the only reason we were at the last house is so they could meet their new neighbors !!!
Later on that evening i called my friend and he asked how they liked the house and i told him they needed 4 br but they liked his family so much they were going to be his new nieghbors
no my friend was not mad at me (his old house was only 3 br and they needed 4)
yes they are friends and yes they both referred thier friends to me

Oh yeah the house i sold them was on the low end of their price range
No I don't like this story at all. A lie is still a lie. in other words you SET them up (AKA "the set up"). why do you resort to this kind of tactic? you said that you wanted to show them one more home (your friends old home)...and than said "i told them that the only reason we were at the last house is so they could meet their new neighbors !!!" You are not a match maker you are a real estate agent. show the home and stop playing match maker. Perhaps you were allowing your friends to get a preview of thier new niegbors. If your friends did not like them you may Have some controle, would you not? perhaps find them another home and sway them away just as you swayed them towards? just as easy right?

Another way to look at this is that the buyer liked the home next to your friends new house and you thought that maybe they might like your friends old house and you could kill two brids with one stone. however, you knew you will be making your comm. either way. what have you got to loose? is that right?

This is a lousy thing to do... and very unprofessional of you IMHO. You are medaling with something you should not be. Just show the homes as an unbias party, its that simple. This kind of thing is all too common place in the market and just another reason that I say that as buyer you are on your own. No such thing as a buyers agent. Others have compared you to something a kin to "lurk and slither" Do you see why they might say such horrible comments?

Perhaps it worked out for your friend this time but this is a horrible thing to do! Again I would bet that if your friend did not like their future new nieghbors than you would help out your 'good ole bud'... right?

does any other realtor on this board see anything wrong with what he did? I'd love to get everyones opinion on this. Please let me know if I am off base. Please help me understand the good done here!

Last edited by gotcha; 03-26-2007 at 08:21 PM..

Old 03-26-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
Why don't you just call a Realtor and ask for a free CMA and tell them that you plan to buy without a Buyer's Agent because you think you can save a buck. I'm sure someone would be more than happy to work for you for free so that you can save money.
but but but I thopught that your service is free?

Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM

[quote=businessperson;500120]
Quote:

That's unfortunate GOTCHA. I'm not sure what state you're in but that's not the case in NC. If a seller misrepresents anything on a Property Disclosure Statement they may be subject to legal action.
perhaps you can clarify... you mean to tell me that all sellers in NC have to use the full disclosure form? or can they just pay a min. fee not to disclose?

Old 03-26-2007, 09:50 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,462,300 times
Quote:
No I don't like this story at all. A lie is still a lie. in other words you SET them up (AKA "the set up"). why do you resort to this kind of tactic? you said that you wanted to show them one more home (your friends old home)...and than said "i told them that the only reason we were at the last house is so they could meet their new neighbors !!!" You are not a match maker you are a real estate agent. show the home and stop playing match maker. Perhaps you were allowing your friends to get a preview of thier new niegbors. If your friends did not like them you may Have some controle, would you not? perhaps find them another home and sway them away just as you swayed them towards? just as easy right?

Another way to look at this is that the buyer liked the home next to your friends new house and you thought that maybe they might like your friends old house and you could kill two brids with one stone. however, you knew you will be making your comm. either way. what have you got to loose? is that right?

This is a lousy thing to do... and very unprofessional of you IMHO. You are medaling with something you should not be. Just show the homes as an unbias party, its that simple. This kind of thing is all too common place in the market and just another reason that I say that as buyer you are on your own. No such thing as a buyers agent. Others have compared you to something a kin to "lurk and slither" Do you see why they might say such horrible comments?

Perhaps it worked out for your friend this time but this is a horrible thing to do! Again I would bet that if your friend did not like their future new nieghbors than you would help out your 'good ole bud'... right?

does any other realtor on this board see anything wrong with what he did? I'd love to get everyones opinion on this. Please let me know if I am off base. Please help me understand the good done here!

I see your point and maybe you are right
i should have just stopped when i had the sale, but both familys were so much alike i felt they would like each other ( i know it is not my job )
And no i was not trying to kill two birds with one stone since i knew my friends house was to small for what they needed

Old 03-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I see your point and maybe you are right
i should have just stopped when i had the sale, but both familys were so much alike i felt they would like each other ( i know it is not my job )
And no i was not trying to kill two birds with one stone since i knew my friends house was to small for what they needed
but you never really know what triggers a buyer, right? that is a shamful story.

Yes, you should of stopped when you had the sale IMO. glad you at least admit to this mistake. We can only learn from mistakes if we know it is one.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 AM

[quote=gotcha;500279]
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post

perhaps you can clarify... you mean to tell me that all sellers in NC have to use the full disclosure form? or can they just pay a min. fee not to disclose?

In North Carolina ALL sellers whether FSBO or not are required by law to provide buyers with a NC Property Disclosure Statement. It covers everything from roof to water damage; there are three categories to check: yes, no, and no representation. If a seller checks "No Representation", of course that's a red flag. If they check no and it is later found that they were aware of a problem they are liable for lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals