Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM

553 posts, read 1,027,298 times

Advertisements

First, I assume that a person is of a good moral character, until I have reasons and facts to think otherwise.
Second, by "honest" I meant that this person has not been known by doing things like blackmail or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrynight12 View Post
I don't plan to go to court too. It's silly to do that. No prove and it's a small amount. Honestly I have the preparation to lose this amount. Of course $700 will not kill me, but he needs to know that he can earn my commission just because of this $700. Also, he is the listing agent of that propert, that means he earned both side, he got 6% commission!

What I keep saying now is, I want to try to get it back and most importantly, to ruin his name in this industry (yes I am bad!)

This agent is clever that he didn't reply my email when I mention on email that he needed to give me back the money, so no prove.
He is not going to sue you over reviews. YOu have the right to tell your side of the story. Everybody does.

Hang on here . Other people will come and give you more advice. Do not rely on just one oppinion that somebody is going to sue you. Nobody is going to sue you. This is ridiculous.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:59 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,585,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
First, I assume that a person is of a good moral character, until I have reasons and facts to think otherwise....
And what facts do you have that the agent did something wrong? You've only heard one side of the story.

Quote:
He is not going to sue you over reviews. YOu have the right to tell your side of the story. Everybody does.

Hang on here . Other people will come and give you more advice. Do not rely on just one oppinion that somebody is going to sue you. Nobody is going to sue you. This is ridiculous.
I'm not saying that the OP will be sued, just a possibility that should be considered.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post

I'm not saying that the OP will be sued, just a possibility that should be considered.
It should be considered that going to court for the realtor will bring him much more bad publicity than a review on Yelp.

Quote:
And what facts do you have that the agent did something wrong? You've only heard one side of the story.
If one is determined to stick to the rule of never advising anything unless one knows the "whole story" from both sides, then this person should not give any advice on any forum since we are only provided one side in any thread.
I have a simple rule of giving advice assuming that the OP is telling the truth.
Common sense suggests that people do not post bitter stories on forums wasting their time unless they have reasons.
If you think that anything on the forum is a fantasy, and the OP is actually may turn out to be

...a person who is another realtor, trying to defame his competition,
or the OP is actually a lover of the wife of the realtor,
or that OP is actually a neighbor of a realtor, and is very upset that his dog is barking all the time
or that OP is actually an illegal immigrant from Nicaragua hired by the realtor to clean his office and got underpaid...

then there is nothing we can discuss here since according to your assumption "we do not know the whole story".

Last edited by Dressy; 06-13-2011 at 12:37 AM..

Old 06-13-2011, 12:41 AM

32 posts, read 62,500 times
I want to say something here before I go to sleep.

Everyone has to right to think and say from his point of view, but this is NOT my purpose to start any argument on this post.

My MAIN purpose to start this post is to look for a solution to my problem, because I am not knowledgable on this area. So, whether anyone believes my story or not is not my main concern. Again, you have your right to think.

Of course, from my point of view, what I said is a true story. I can't believe this happened to me too. I think I am silly actually. This wastes me a lot of time.

Thanks for anyone who gives me suggestion. I am still thinking what to do in these few days, hopefully I can get back what I want. Will update here later.

Thanks!

Quote:

Old 06-13-2011, 12:55 AM

32 posts, read 62,500 times
One more thing, would be pleased if any professionals in this area could suggest more possible and professional solutions in my case. Thanks a lot!

Old 06-13-2011, 01:39 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times
Quote:

I agree with this. If people were sued over reviews, there would be tons of suits on yelp and doctor rating websites. If the realtor is a crook he would not dare to bring this issue to court.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,160,229 times
Look how much time and energy you are throwing at this. Even if you manage to get your $700 would it be worth it in the end? At some point regardless of the outcome I don't think you are going to "win".

Old 06-13-2011, 08:30 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,585,637 times
My final comments, really.

I do my best to provide advice that I think is appropriate to the situation as presented. If someone believes they've been harmed, then I would provide advice that may help them get resolution. However, I would never advise anyone to essentially smear another person in open forums to take revenge, especially if I did not have all the facts from both sides. I wish the OP luck in his effort to recover his money, and hopefully without resorting to extreme measures.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:21 AM

Sounds like this agent values $700 more than his own reputation. The OP said clearly: that the agent promised him a refund just a couple days ago but then disappeared. What else is possibly missing in the story? What other facts are necessary? I do not see any reason to believe that the OP is misinterpreting or confusing things.

PS: 700 is a lot of money to me. May be compared to the cost of the house it is nothing, but think about it: it is enough to keep food on the table for the whole family for a month, for example. I would have been upset too.
Once a dentist charged me twice for the same thing, cost me 250. I was VERY upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate