Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:05 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times

Advertisements

THIS is exactly why I don't deal with folks that want me to list for a reduced commission or ask for a kickback at closing. You avoid stupid situations by not getting into bed with folks like this. Some are fine people, but most that are SO concerned with saving a buck or two, are ones you don't want to deal with.

I don't think we've even gotten part of the entire story here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 01:30 AM

32 posts, read 62,500 times
Yes...Will update you guys later. Now it's not a good time. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
If he is a Realtor, contact the Realtor board and file a complaint. That will surely get his attention.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:42 AM

32 posts, read 62,500 times
This is your point of view, but doesn't fit into my situation.

My situation is that this broker pursuaded me to adpot his suggestion at that time - he will pay a part from his commission. I didn't make any request to him. Now he verbally keeps saying that he owes me money, but at the same time he keeps getting away from me.

Another update today is, I send a formal & detailed email to him yesterday to warm him before we take any action. I listed out what he has done to me, a time frame is also given for his action(by today). He didn't reply my email too. What is he thinking? He is too strange. Is it worth to take this risk just for a little amount of money? I don't think a lot of realtors will take this stupid risk. I am very disappointed.

Anyways, I will disclose his name here when the time has came.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
THIS is exactly why I don't deal with folks that want me to list for a reduced commission or ask for a kickback at closing. You avoid stupid situations by not getting into bed with folks like this. Some are fine people, but most that are SO concerned with saving a buck or two, are ones you don't want to deal with.

I don't think we've even gotten part of the entire story here.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:19 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrynight12 View Post
This is your point of view, but doesn't fit into my situation.

My situation is that this broker pursuaded me to adpot his suggestion at that time - he will pay a part from his commission. I didn't make any request to him. Now he verbally keeps saying that he owes me money, but at the same time he keeps getting away from me.

Another update today is, I send a formal & detailed email to him yesterday to warm him before we take any action. I listed out what he has done to me, a time frame is also given for his action(by today). He didn't reply my email too. What is he thinking? He is too strange. Is it worth to take this risk just for a little amount of money? I don't think a lot of realtors will take this stupid risk. I am very disappointed.

Anyways, I will disclose his name here when the time has came.
Your situation is that you've got two people bickering over a situation that you shouldn't have put yourself in. Both parties are to blame. If you couldn't afford to buy that property without that kickback, you shouldn't have done it. And your Realtor shouldn't have offered it to you. You're both to blame and I still have a feeling that there's more to this story that we're not hearing. If the other Realtor were to post their side, I'd bet it would differ vastly from yours. Not saying it would be better, but it would be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate