Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 07:11 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,167,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Buyers get their services for free from us for the most part and it is "insulting" to us who are pros to have to share our commissions with a client.
You sound just as bad as sellers who get insulted by a low offer. Its business, not personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 10:42 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,431,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You sound just as bad as sellers who get insulted by a low offer. Its business, not personal.
When it's someone else's hand in YOUR pocket wanting a portion of YOUR paycheck, see how you feel about it.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:45 AM

11,833 posts, read 34,457,558 times
I think it is quite funny.
> I found the groceries, so I should get a discount.
> I found your gas station and I pumped my own gas, so I should get a discount.
> I found this place and got my haircut/tax return completed/ oil change, etc, so I should get a discount.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:59 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,217,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
So I will find a realtor and I will tell him that I found the house negotiated the price.

All he has to do is to fill out the paperwork.

I know that he is entitled for 3% of the price so I will tell him to keep $500 and give me the rest before I pay for the house.

Is there an online company that already does this? It is not hard to find a realtor but I it is better to work with a company

Right idea, wrong execution.

Either hire a lawyer beforehand for an agreed upon amount to handle the closing. Alternatively, find the house you like and make your pitch to the owner or agent. If you're in a hot market, this wont work, but you should try. If your a savvy buyer, there is no need for an agent as he/she will never be able to bring enough value to the equation. I think there are also some companies that will work at reduced rates from the start, but that likely depends on where you live etc.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
When it's someone else's hand in YOUR pocket wanting a portion of YOUR paycheck, see how you feel about it.
Do some realtors ever give a discount on the % they charge? Yes. Do some realtors give a rebate? Yes. So simply say no if you don't want to. No need to get insulted. Personally I wouldn't want anyone working for me who was such an emotional wreck that they would be insulted by that. I hate to see how the react when a real issue comes up.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I think it is quite funny.
> I found the groceries, so I should get a discount.
> I found your gas station and I pumped my own gas, so I should get a discount.
> I found this place and got my haircut/tax return completed/ oil change, etc, so I should get a discount.
What's funny is that you think those are valid comparisons. And have you never seen a gas station that charges more for full service than self service? You should get out more.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:04 PM

19,447 posts, read 27,871,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebeyer2013 View Post
Try www.hubzu.com. You can make offers without having an agent, which will make your offer worth about three percent more than those with an agent. Or find a FSBO, work out an agreement, then the two parties meet at a title company, and they will write a contract for you for free, which is what they do with a realtor contract, anyway.
And read this stuff before you follow that advice:

Experiences Closing on Hubzu / GoHoming / Altisource home

Agent2Agent: What do you think about Hubzu, formerly GoHoming? - Trulia Voices

and don't forget to check out their prior name, GoHoming.com (maybe the number of complaints was one of the reasons they changed their name to Hubzu?) and their parent company altisource.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:23 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,574,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Do some realtors ever give a discount on the % they charge? Yes. Do some realtors give a rebate? Yes. So simply say no if you don't want to. No need to get insulted. Personally I wouldn't want anyone working for me who was such an emotional wreck that they would be insulted by that. I hate to see how the react when a real issue comes up.
Has nothing to do with being a "emotional wreck" but just like you said it's business right? If you want to work with a realtor who will rebate you money just for doing business with them go ahead! Ever hear the old adage "You get what your pay for?"

Old 09-28-2013, 01:32 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,946,157 times
Quote:
Has nothing to do with being a "emotional wreck" but just like you said it's business right? If you want to work with a realtor who will rebate you money just for doing business with them go ahead! Ever hear the old adage "You get what your pay for?"
What she said, however, was that she would be worried about the agent who reacted so poorly to the question. She never said the agent should honor the request. Commissions are negotiable in this business. I expect potential clients to ask about the cost of my services, and to even attempt to get my services at the lowest price possible. I'm never offended, nor do I see it as "reaching into my pocket," when they do so. I may not give them what they want, but I react intelligently to the question.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
So why would a realtor get insulted if someone asks about a rebate?

As far as you get what you pay for, do you hold that true for all situations? Let's say realtor #1 charges 3% to sell a house. Realtor #2 charges 2.5%. Would you pull out your "you get what you pay for" card?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate