Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:35 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

Advertisements

Interesting note on this blog.

Rain City Guide | A Seattle Real Estate Blog...

House #3 - We got out of the cars and everyone proceeded to the front door of the house. I stayed standing in the middle of the street. I told everyone to come back and stand with me and tell me what they observed. Big dog barking incessantly. I said if the dog is in the yard of “the subject house”, no biggeee as he’s moving. No, it was a vacant house. So Big Dog Barking is next door. Everyone made a note of it in case they had a buyer client at a time when the dog was sleeping or not home. We then proceeded into the house.

__________________________________________________ ____

This is what they mean by "buyer's need to do... "Due diligence."

Because the buyer's agent is planning to take you there...when the dog is sleeping.

Nice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 12:51 PM

62 posts, read 189,821 times
If you read the blog correctly, this is a house the agent would NOT reccommend to her client.

You misread this blog. "Everyone made a note of this..." so that in case they showed this house to a client, they would remember to mention the barking dog next door.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelinaRotar View Post
If you read the blog correctly, this is a house the agent would NOT reccommend to her client.

You misread this blog. "Everyone made a note of this..." so that in case they showed this house to a client, they would remember to mention the barking dog next door.

Quote:
Everyone made a note of it in case they had a buyer client at a time when the dog was sleeping or not home.
Speaking of misreading...It IS interesting that "Show the home when the dog is sleeping" ='s "Mention the barking dog next door."

Last edited by 70Ford; 01-25-2008 at 01:49 PM..

Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 PM

62 posts, read 189,821 times
How would that agent be able to pin-point when the dog would be sleeping or not at home? Still makes more sense that they wrote it down in case they showed it when the dog wasnt there; therefore, remembering to mention it...

Haha...it's a dumb little thing to get worked about. But, I did find the broker's open house blog a good read. I just disagree with the way you understood the House #3 scenario.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 PM

260 posts, read 1,331,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Hrmmmmmm...that makes no sense.
Makes sense to me. When we are traveling to a home and in the neighborhood we make note of many things such as dogs, construction, roads that can't be seen (but possibly heard). One the main things we make note of are neighboring pets. When I show a house I walk around the back yard along the fence to see if there are dogs in the neighboring yard that would bark at me.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:51 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,736,905 times
As a former English Teacher, what is says is that in case they had a buyer client who wanted to look at the house and the dog was sleeping or not there, they would write it down to remember to mention it, to HELP their client, to warn them away if the dog was an issue to them. And furthermore, as a former English teacher, my last sentence included extremely bad grammar, didn't it? Wow!

I really think that from the snippet you gave, they intend to mention it to their clients, not try to hide it. There is no way an agent can know when "Cujo" is sleeping, nor would we want to.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:55 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,109,921 times
May I bring another perspective to this thread?
If the dog is barking at complete strangers approaching the house next door from the security of his own yard, where he has a right to be, he just may be preventing the seller's house from being robbed. You can't expect the dog to know the difference between unknown visitors and, for example, those people who knock on doors to see who's home or not, then burgles the joint.

A dog barking incessently for no reason is a problem. A dog that just happens to be out in his own yard and alarms his owner because strangers are entering the neighbor's yard is not necessarily a problem.

What's in the buyer's best interest will vary from buyer to buyer. In one neighborhood almost all of my neighbors had dogs, but there were no problems.
Everybody respected each other's right to quiet and privacy. Then the people with 6 kids moved in, with the attitude that "it takes a village, so let them watch our kids". Within half a year nearly every neighbor had paid them a polite visit and finally got them to babysit their own kids. Just to show you, the 4-legged creatures aren't always the ones you have to watch out for

Below: not my dog. Used for illustrative purposes that the barking dog next door won't necessarily be a Rottie

Old 01-25-2008, 06:12 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,898,379 times
Apparently Boom I can not give you another rep.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:58 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
Beware of waking the sleeping giant!
Attached Thumbnails
Are buyer's agents looking out for your best interest?-damico.jpg  

Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
These are some neighborhood dog's I would want to be warend about! LOL

FWIW,

My buyer's agent was always looking out for my best interest 100% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate