Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for a hot tub and live not to far from where you're looking to buy.
If you do buy the house and it's a decent tub let me know and I may just come take it off your hands!
Otherwise there's several free local websites that I'm sure you'd be able to give such an item away on. Just look up "Swap Shop Surprise" on Facebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 01:21 PM

323 posts, read 377,147 times
Our house came with a hot tub; we ended up giving it to a tree removal guy with a crane in exchange for him taking two camphors out of the back yard that were causing us issues.

People do want them.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:19 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
What is so horrible about having a hot tub?
I bought a house with a hot tub and had it removed. I was terrified that my dogs would get up on it and fall through the cover and drown. It would make me uneasy with small children in the house.

A lot of people don't want to pay for the electricity to keep all that water heated all the time.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:32 PM

902 posts, read 1,105,491 times
if it is a working Hot Spring or Jacuzzi brand it may be worth more than you were thinking

when I moved from Surprise AZ to Fargo ND we didn't want to move the hot tub

was a Hot Springs SX about 4 years old

sold it on Craigslist in less than a week, got $1,700 for it, they got a great deal, was worth much more but we were pressed for time

the buyers had a service move it for them and set it up at their location A-Z Spa Movers Phone: (480) 703-6036

http://www.azspaandhottubmovers.com/

the guy's name is Joe, I think he also bought and sold used ones as well as install/delivery/repair

Last edited by azsportpilot; 02-24-2016 at 01:51 PM..

Old 02-24-2016, 01:40 PM

902 posts, read 1,105,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I bought a house with a hot tub and had it removed. I was terrified that my dogs would get up on it and fall through the cover and drown. It would make me uneasy with small children in the house.

A lot of people don't want to pay for the electricity to keep all that water heated all the time.
the newer better ones aren't too bad (if you use the cover)

we bought a new one recently

the salesman said it would only increase the electric bill about $30/month extra

after several months to track it, that looks about right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate