Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times

Advertisements

Well, we were out of the house all day running around and looking at these Parade homes here in town...we got through 9, there are 26. Talk about multi million dollar homes...way over the top...they were mostly beautiful..decorated, every builder and decorator in the county showing off..we are going again on Thursday and probably over the weekend to finish off all 26.

Anyway, we get home and our agent calls...my first thought...is oh no not these people again. No, someone else wants to look at the house tomorrow morning....so maybe we are getting some action. We would sure like to sell...wish us luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 AM

529 posts, read 2,711,673 times
I can understand needing a bedroom with all those kids but a pool is something that can wait. If they can't afford a decent down payment and their credit is so bad that they can't get a loan through a bank, why are they thinking about putting in a pool? You would be headed for trouble if you went with these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, we had open house on Sat and Sunday..nothing..then after we took the open house sign inside yesterday our agent calls and says someone wants to come by...that they might be interested in a lease option. Huh? Well we said have them come by...a couple with 5 kids...kids ran right to the backyard and started tossing the dogs football, mom and dad liked the house..I wasn't here but hubby was...I was out driving my dogs all over the county...I put 200 miles on my jeep this weekend hauling dogs around town haha. Anyway they came back to look again today...our agent calls and says they want it. Here is the BUT. they want us to carry the note for 3 years. Asking price 499,000 which they will pay, plus 6% interest. Well we need to get the money out of the house so we can buy something else. I haven't figure out how much money we would make in that scenario, it would cover our payment plus..on the other hand, we can't buy a house with a small downpayment, the whole purpose of this is to put down most of the equity in this so we have a small payment..I dunno. Guess I should run the numbers...oh they only want to put 10,000 down, which is not going to cut it...at least 25,000...they can't put more, they say, because they need to turn the office into a bedroom, and want to put in a pool. Wait a minute..not my problem..plus if we carry the note, isn't the house still legally ours? Anyway, figures some wierd deal would come our way. On the other hand maybe it's the beginning of a round of buyers and offers. I am still trying to think positive! An maybe if they like it so much they will come up with financing..we'll see...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate