Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 08:17 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Once you are licensed though, things change and you become responsible for a myriad of things.
This is true. Will be interesting to see what happens. But so far in my lifetime (only a few decades I admit) technological advancements have won out 99% of the time. It seems fairly inevitable.

That's not to say realtors will be extinct in a few decades. It could be they remain an integral part of the process, but the process will look very different. Just think how much it's already changed in the past few decades. Most, if not all, successful agents have adapted to the changes. I know my wife gets bombarded with tech classes at her brokerage. And if Redfin has its way, it would revolutionize the industry while improving the livelihood of agents. Certainly in stark contrast to a disruptor like uber, whose end game is clearly to make its own drivers obsolete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 08:25 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
There's another new one out there called "OfferPad" https://www.offerpad.com, you put in your information and within 48 hours you get an offer.
I ran my house through it just for grins all while knowing what it's market value really is and was not surprised at the result. They make their offer and then subtract 6% commission AND anywhere from 0-6% concessions to the seller that THEY deem as normal in your market area.
Their offer before the deductions was about $25k lower than the lower end comps in the area.

So basically what they wanted was $25k profit on top of 6% commission and 3% seller concession to buyer. Not bad if you can con someone into paying $25k PLUS 9%.
Oh, but they'll pay for your move if it's within 100 miles...

Old 06-09-2017, 12:51 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
some folks don't like it:

https://stopzillow.com/

Old 06-09-2017, 12:54 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
some folks don't like it:

https://stopzillow.com/
LOL

The guy who posted that petition is a real estate coach.
Right now, he has added about 17,000 contacts to his database.

New business.

The call for a boycott is possibly anti-competitive and possibly illegal.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:32 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
An Association cannot take such an action, especially since by doing so it would be to the harm of some of its own members.

I don't personally see anything wrong with a boycott by a large group of individuals.

And Zillow could not become the largest brokerage overnight. The largest national brokerages have more associates than agents who advertise with Zillow.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:19 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Zillow doesn't take into account cost of major upgrades to a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate