Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:31 AM

3 posts, read 12,685 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I have had my house on the market for months and can’t sell it. Does anyone have any advice? Good listing sites? Tips or Tricks of the Trade? I have it with an agent but we are not getting any showings. I am taking matters into my own hands. HELP! [/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
There are millions upon millions of other sellers in the same boat as you.
Are you in one of the areas being hit hard by the subprime mess ?

Old 04-11-2008, 12:35 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,314,460 times
Where are you located? Do you have the MLS number for your listing so we can check it out? Are you priced with the comps? What is your agent doing to market your home?
So many variables.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:39 PM

10,964 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Not enough info to help you...

What are comps...where are you...how's condition...any feedback from past showings...what kind of marketing is being done...do you compete w/ new construction...what terms are offered...I could go on but you need to meet with your agent to see what's happening. They are in the best decision to help.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 PM

17,395 posts, read 14,631,586 times
What does your agent say about lack of showings, your pricing, how your home shows?

The biggest factor in why a home will have a lack of showings is that it's priced too high - but I'd love to hear what your agent thinks.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:52 PM

Florida is one of those markets, we just simply need to move, my husbands company just relocated him.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM

On another forum someone told me about house trading. I have posted my home on a site called OnlineHouseTrading.com and on Craigslist.org and have some intersting prospects. There are some really smart real estate people out there but most just say lower your price. We really are competitive but I just dont have that much equity. So I can't really lower it much more. I will see how this house trading works out.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,016 times
I feel your pain. We listed last August, went under contract this Jan until mid March, then the buyers were denied a mortgage..twice! Now we're back on the market, and since August when we originally listed, have come down 60K. My younger children are 9 and 11 and I'm determined to sell and get out of here before the start of the next school year. We'll be walking away with little to none, but we want a fresh start so, so be it. Best of luck to you!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:55 PM

432 posts, read 1,879,045 times
A lot of folks in FL are moving and still having empty houses to sell. What is the story with your agent? What do they think?

I am looking right now in the panhandle. A house I looked at a year ago is still on the market, was overpriced then, and is still over priced. Meantime, there are comps on the same street that are priced up to $30,000 less, including a short sale. And on the next street. And the next. And the next.

When a house stays on the market that long, buyers figure something is wrong with it, or with the owners, so they don't bother. They have choices.

If you are in a desireable area, price will sell.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:11 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
I feel your pain. We listed last August, went under contract this Jan until mid March, then the buyers were denied a mortgage..twice! Now we're back on the market, and since August when we originally listed, have come down 60K. My younger children are 9 and 11 and I'm determined to sell and get out of here before the start of the next school year. We'll be walking away with little to none, but we want a fresh start so, so be it. Best of luck to you!
What you describe matches my situation to the exact letter.

We are all in the same boat. I also want a new fresh start. I could wait out this market and maybe just maybe make a little but I can wait any longer. I will be lucky to break even but likely will owe money that I dont have.

To the OP: Why would anyone buy your house at retail price when the banks are selling foreclosed ones for pennies on the dollar? That is what we are competing against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate