Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 06:19 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times

Advertisements

This is one suit that I support without hesitation.

There is a registration requirement, for 7 days free access, and one can download the complaint.
Or, check the news for "Hayhurst vs. Keller Williams Realty Inc."

Law360 (July 2, 2019, 9:23 PM EDT) -- Real estate goliath Keller Williams Realty placed prerecorded and autodialed calls to phone numbers on the National Do Not Call registry in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, according to a proposed class action filed in North Carolina federal court Tuesday.

Read more at: https://www.law360.com/articles/1175...ruPF0?copied=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 07:33 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
This is one suit that I support without hesitation.

There is a registration requirement, for 7 days free access, and one can download the complaint.
Or, check the news for "Hayhurst vs. Keller Williams Realty Inc."

Law360 (July 2, 2019, 9:23 PM EDT) -- Real estate goliath Keller Williams Realty placed prerecorded and autodialed calls to phone numbers on the National Do Not Call registry in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, according to a proposed class action filed in North Carolina federal court Tuesday.

Read more at: https://www.law360.com/articles/1175...ruPF0?copied=1
So the calls came from their corporate headquarters in Texas? Or from a local NC chapter? The way KW works is they have 1099 employees, some on teams, but the business it's self typically doesn't make robocalls.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:47 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
So the calls came from their corporate headquarters in Texas? Or from a local NC chapter? The way KW works is they have 1099 employees, some on teams, but the business it's self typically doesn't make robocalls.
Register and read the complaint.
I cannot get a good link to post it without a paywall, etc.
An excerpt:

"35. In fact, Keller Williams’ marketing plan for franchisees – involving purchasing
lists of leads and autodialing them – is reinforced at the highest levels of Keller Williams’
organization. Dianna Kokoszka, CEO of KW MAPS Coaching at Keller Williams, who co
teaches training classes with Keller Williams founder Gary Keller, developed an entire training
program called BOLD (Business Objective: A Life by Design) centered around obtaining
Landvoice generated leads and autodialing them, which Keller Williams claims “has helped
tens of thousands” of its agents. In fact, Keller Williams agents who sign up for BOLD are given a free trial account with Landvoice:33"

I.e., KW has corporate-approved vendors and training for robocalling.

Read pages 16-17 where KW promotes the success of robocalling:
https://issuu.com/kellerwilliamsreal....3.2014_webres

Old 07-05-2019, 08:40 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Who signs up for, or buys anything that comes from a Robo call?

Particularly wanting to buy or sell a house?

I’m just shocked it ever actually works.

On edit… I liked my time at KW... but I’m really glad I never went to BOLD.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:45 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Landvoice is not a robo dialer. If 300 agents were in BOLD and this person was an expired or a fsbo...

Old 07-05-2019, 09:31 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Landvoice is not a robo dialer. If 300 agents were in BOLD and this person was an expired or a fsbo...
I'm not an expert on the terms but I don't think it inherently means that the voice isn't attached to a real person in real time. The real person doesn't manually enter phone numbers. They wear a headset and the calls are automatic but the caller is not.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:35 AM

Right... I think it sits there and dials numbers, and as soon as it gets a live one... it clicks over the whoever is supposed to be talking.

I get lots of calls like it for everything from LEADS (yeah right) to health insurance, to some kind of offer about my credit cards (yeah right)

I guess my question is, who listens to telephone solicitations nowadays? As a marketing tool, it's so... 1985.

Hello? Click.

And yeah - to the lawsuit's point, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be on the DO NOT CALL list too, but they all still call me.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:44 AM

768 posts, read 859,614 times
Who cares? Hang up or don't answer robocalls.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:54 AM

I answer every call. Because I pride myself on actually being reachable.

I get really tired of 75% of them being sales calls.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:04 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

Probably the same people who invest in Nigerian investments or guys who buy a 2 foot wide property in a HOA community. Plenty of suckers out there. If Robocalls didn't work they wouldn’t be doing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate