Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:11 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,013,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
...I personally do not feel that I can take my time to look objectively at the house and discuss it with my wife, kids, and the realtor, while the buyer is sitting in the other room or worse...following us around...
I think you meant "seller" . And I agree with you 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 03:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
I have no problem with cleaning, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows, dusting, making sure there are no offending odors, etc...but when I leave and have my dogs in the car with me, please dont make us sit out there for over an hour and a half in 100 degree heat especially when you know we are there.

Just some common courtesy...Oh and don't use my house to sit in the cool and write an offer on another house, that is just plain tacky and wrong.. If that place falls through and you come back to me you better believe I will remember that.

I am not bitter, I am not angry, I am tired and I just want someone to have that special feeling when they come in the house. I don't think it takes hours to find that out..

Old 06-29-2008, 03:37 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
I think to sum it up what everone is basically saying is YES it is good for a seller to leave, and most do. YES it is a PITA to be a seller,especially for those who DO care about how they present their house.And YES sometimes it is not feasible for the seller to leave under certain unavoidable conditions. YES some sellers don't give a hoot how stupid or annoying they are. YES some buyers are rude and arrogant and not courteous. YES even brokers are rude and don't bother to call if late or not coming.

BUt miracle of miracles, houses still sell and buyers still buy...so something must be wokring.
It is one of life's mysteries!

Crap, I gotta go, another showing....all that work for a quickie probably...kind of like sex... LOL

Old 06-29-2008, 03:42 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,013,290 times
^^ That made me laugh, Crazyma. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2008, 05:31 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times

Old 06-29-2008, 06:49 PM

15,583 posts, read 40,455,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by material View Post
If anyone passes on going into a house just because the seller is home, that buyer will probably be difficult with other issues too, so I say, let them walk.
Actually my client that did this was fabulous. Some people are just really reserved and methodical. He was an incredibly private person and home meant HOME to him. We bought his new home before putting his other one on the market, because he just couldn't stand the thought of people being in his home. He was quite engaging, friendly, and adored his family. His HOME was his personal retreat and quiet place. He really just felt personally invaded or that he was invading other people's space. It's hard to explain but it wasn't because he was being difficult.

His wife, OTOH, loved talking to the seller's. FSBO's were really hard for him and he would wait in the car while his wife looked.

All of us are different. Since agents do this day in and day out, 50% of what we do is personality management and the other 50% is the transaction.

I would just hate to see sellers dig in their heels over this issue and lose out on a buyer.

It really is the lowest common denominator. (I like that phrasing)

Old 06-29-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I think to sum it up what everone is basically saying is YES it is good for a seller to leave, and most do. YES it is a PITA to be a seller,especially for those who DO care about how they present their house.And YES sometimes it is not feasible for the seller to leave under certain unavoidable conditions. YES some sellers don't give a hoot how stupid or annoying they are. YES some buyers are rude and arrogant and not courteous. YES even brokers are rude and don't bother to call if late or not coming.

BUt miracle of miracles, houses still sell and buyers still buy...so something must be wokring.
It is one of life's mysteries!

Crap, I gotta go, another showing....all that work for a quickie probably...kind of like sex... LOL

Crazyma, how was that quickie? lol!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:14 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
A quickie...ROFLMAO. Good one Crazyma! Hope they left satisfied, and they "call you in the morning".

Old 06-29-2008, 07:58 PM

:d:d:d

Old 06-29-2008, 08:00 PM

:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate