Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 07:56 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times

Advertisements

Yay Tambre...those last sec showings might pay off, glad you were ready to run! sending prayers up for you and of course all sellers!! And the buyers too!!

Well I guess my lawnmowing must have shook up ole St. Joe...had 2 impromptu showings.(agent doesn't mind, she knows I quiz 'em before letting them in and I tell her who they are,etc.) Anyway both couples pulled up out front while I was working and wanted to talk and ask about the house and neighborhood, since they both want this area and were out cruising....
Not one to pass up a possible opportunity both times I said y'all can come in, if you can overlook I need to vac and don't mind a semi lived in look. Give me a sec to let hubby know and take the dog out back....
First couple asked for our agents card and mentioned bringing the parents back, and the second one seemed very interested, stayed quite a while, mentioned being pleased their furniture woudl fit..... Chatted on the patio and they enjoyed a few cherry tomatoes fresh off vine and asked when the grapes would be ripe LOL

SO you never know....at any rate we met some nice, interesting people, good fit for our neighborhood, even if they don't buy ours.

go joe go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 08:05 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Yay Tambre...those last sec showings might pay off, glad you were ready to run! sending prayers up for you and of course all sellers!! And the buyers too!!

Well I guess my lawnmowing must have shook up ole St. Joe...had 2 impromptu showings.(agent doesn't mind, she knows I quiz 'em before letting them in and I tell her who they are,etc.) Anyway both couples pulled up out front while I was working and wanted to talk and ask about the house and neighborhood, since they both want this area and were out cruising....
Not one to pass up a possible opportunity both times I said y'all can come in, if you can overlook I need to vac and don't mind a semi lived in look. Give me a sec to let hubby know and take the dog out back....
First couple asked for our agents card and mentioned bringing the parents back, and the second one seemed very interested, stayed quite a while, mentioned being pleased their furniture woudl fit..... Chatted on the patio and they enjoyed a few cherry tomatoes fresh off vine and asked when the grapes would be ripe LOL

SO you never know....at any rate we met some nice, interesting people, good fit for our neighborhood, even if they don't buy ours.

go joe go
Hey Crazyma, That's fantastic. Two showings, and interest from both. Maybe a bidding war! Would love to hear how things went when you get feedback.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:47 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times
Today during our open house I decided to go out and check the competition. Very enlightening. Some people really do need to watch HGTV. It made me like my house even more.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
Today during our open house I decided to go out and check the competition. Very enlightening. Some people really do need to watch HGTV. It made me like my house even more.
Hey Brookdaleresident,

Did you have alot of people come look during your open house? Sounds like your house is going to be very desireable in comparison to the others. Hope you'll be getting an offer soon!

Old 07-14-2008, 07:29 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times
Since it's on the market we've had nearly 100 people see it. I think the problem is the market is so flooded, that buyers are overwhelmed with choices.

Two of the houses I saw yesterday are very similar to mine. Both needed a lot of updating (avocado green carpet all over, yellow formica counters, etc....) I was shocked to see the condition of these houses. One was so cluttered it was unbelievable. They even had a laundry basket in the master br full of clothes to be folded. Bathrooms less than clean. Peeling paint and other signs of neglect. I can't believe people show their houses in this condition. These houses are listed at just a few thousand under mine (which is in move in condition).

Now my realtor is going on vacation for 2 weeks. Not happy about that, but she has a life too!

Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Since it's on the market we've had nearly 100 people see it. I think the problem is the market is so flooded, that buyers are overwhelmed with choices.

Two of the houses I saw yesterday are very similar to mine. Both needed a lot of updating (avocado green carpet all over, yellow formica counters, etc....) I was shocked to see the condition of these houses. One was so cluttered it was unbelievable. They even had a laundry basket in the master br full of clothes to be folded. Bathrooms less than clean. Peeling paint and other signs of neglect. I can't believe people show their houses in this condition. These houses are listed at just a few thousand under mine (which is in move in condition).

Now my realtor is going on vacation for 2 weeks. Not happy about that, but she has a life too!
Your house sounds like it really has the edge over those updating decor-challenged ones. Does you realtor work alone, or does she have associates? Maybe they can take over for her while she is on vacation. I'm going to do what you did, and go to some open houses next weekend, and see what competition we're up against. Hope you get some interest from your open house. Did you get any feedback yet?

Last edited by tambre; 07-14-2008 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-14-2008, 11:15 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Default "Dead Deal' haha

Like I didn't know it, heard from our agent this morning, the grass sniffers have decided to keep their money in the stock market instead of buying a house. Probably a stupid idea, but not my money...anyway who I feel sorry for (sort of) is that agent that ran them around for 3 months.

Gone, goodbye, outta here! Now I can start fresh in my mind..It's good to know those things..I am ticked at myself for hanging on to them, of course, you never know...kidding!

I am tired got home at 2:30 this morning, so need my nap...not cleaning today yay!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Hey is this stuff under my 'name' new? How come I only have one friend, huh huh??? come on people, I need friends!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Quote:
I can't believe people show their houses in this condition.
Tell me about it!! Went to one open house close by and I had to bite my tongue to keep from asking the agent wasn't she embarassed to be showing the house like it was.

Boy I have seen some horibble places over the years and it just floors me that the listing agents don't speak up! They hand you a folder with a list of to do's, but really, some people need to be taken by the hand and led around and have stuff pointed out to them!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:43 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,578 times
Went a house hunting.

Saw one that was full of dog Poop all over the carpet! Held me nose and offered bank 50K. They came back at ask of 56.4K... plus closing costs. House was trashed. I guess some hotshot at the bank thought that they would get a bidding war going. Did not happen. House remains unsold and we got a better deal elsewhere. As prices are continuing to drop here, I feel real bad for that bank.... Worse for the Dog.

Ya woulda thought that someone would have cleaned up the Poop prior to showing the home. In this market ya see all kinds of things.

People,.... do not take it out on your Dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate