Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 06:32 AM

739 posts, read 2,949,003 times

Advertisements

rothbear- sorry you had a stinky birthday, but gosh, I have been right there with you. While it helps me that I'm no longer in the home (in new home), now I can't enjoy either because all our good stuff is "staged" in the old one and the new one is all empty in the rooms we'd usually be enjoying. This is such a humbling experience for me and I keep thinking it is happeneing for a reason,or to teach me something.... yeah, never to move again!!!!

Hang in there all of us, helps to vent here but can't say it is making me feel any more positive... lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 07:45 AM

124 posts, read 470,500 times
Any word on your recent showing Tambre?

Dogmom: Sorry to hear your grass sniffers were such flakes. Good riddance to them! Glad you had such a nice time at your sisters and got away from all the stress as much as you could. Good luck with your latest lookers, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.

Rothbear: What a terrible way to spend your birthday, I’m so sorry that had to happen. I hope things are getting better today, and Happy (belated) birthday! My own “collection” of scrapbooking crap, beads, crafting supplies etc, was a bit of a sore spot with my husband too. I was lucky (well in at least this one regard) that he’s already relocated and didn’t have to see just how little of it I actually got rid of as opposed to packed.

As for me, we’ve dropped our price but its still been real slow. We did an open house last weekend and got two honest lookers. But both of them thought the house was too small, one of them was relocating from Arkansas and I’m afraid they’re experiencing some sticker shock in regards to how much house they’re going to get for their price range.

To be fair, they can go bigger to some extent, but they’re not going to do it a block from the Chesapeake Bay at this price.

Another buyer was looking for “more upscale” again, at this price range, this close to the bay? Apparently she could afford more, so at least she’s likely to find what she wants, but what was she wasting my time for? Twenty minutes to get out of the house, and my listing requests an hour since I have two kids and a large dog. If I weren’t so happy to get any showing at all, I’d be more ticked off.

On the bright side “upscale” buyer’s agent, said the house showed well and the price was good. As did our other Open House lookers, who own nearby but our looking to downsize, just apparently not quite down to our size house.

We've got another showing tomorrow too.

Aside from that I'm totally done living on the East coast while my husband is in California. We've decided to put an end to the enforced separation and tighten our belts for the time being so we can afford to rent a place we can all live in while we wait for the house to sell.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here (in two weeks!)

Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
[quote=Hobgoblin;4461989]Any word on your recent showing Tambre?

Dogmom: Sorry to hear your grass sniffers were such flakes. Good riddance to them! Glad you had such a nice time at your sisters and got away from all the stress as much as you could. Good luck with your latest lookers, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.

Rothbear: What a terrible way to spend your birthday, I’m so sorry that had to happen. I hope things are getting better today, and Happy (belated) birthday! My own “collection” of scrapbooking crap, beads, crafting supplies etc, was a bit of a sore spot with my husband too. I was lucky (well in at least this one regard) that he’s already relocated and didn’t have to see just how little of it I actually got rid of as opposed to packed.

As for me, we’ve dropped our price but its still been real slow. We did an open house last weekend and got two honest lookers. But both of them thought the house was too small, one of them was relocating from Arkansas and I’m afraid they’re experiencing some sticker shock in regards to how much house they’re going to get for their price range.

To be fair, they can go bigger to some extent, but they’re not going to do it a block from the Chesapeake Bay at this price.

Another buyer was looking for “more upscale” again, at this price range, this close to the bay? Apparently she could afford more, so at least she’s likely to find what she wants, but what was she wasting my time for? Twenty minutes to get out of the house, and my listing requests an hour since I have two kids and a large dog. If I weren’t so happy to get any showing at all, I’d be more ticked off.

On the bright side “upscale” buyer’s agent, said the house showed well and the price was good. As did our other Open House lookers, who own nearby but our looking to downsize, just apparently not quite down to our size house.

We've got another showing tomorrow too.

Aside from that I'm totally done living on the East coast while my husband is in California. We've decided to put an end to the enforced separation and tighten our belts for the time being so we can afford to rent a place we can all live in while we wait for the house to sell.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here (in two weeks!) [/QUOTE

Hey Hobgoblin,

It's like the three little bears, and we are waiting for Goldilocks...this house is too big, this house is too small, this house is just right. I didn't get any feedback from my "out the door in 10 minutes" showing. Glad your family is going to be reunited. Tambre

Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
We had another looker today...our agent called us about 1 and said someone was outside with their clients, how long before they could come in and look. 15 minutes later things picked up a bit, candles lit and I was out of the house and into the car with the dogs. Hubby stayed in, greeted them and briefly told them some of the nice things about the home that the agents never know, then he went outside and sat in the back, in 100 heat and it was pretty humid today...their agent told him we were in their top 2. Yep heard that before, but you never know.
Glad to hear that you are having more people come around! That's great and hopefully it works out really soon for you. We haven't had anyone for two weeks now. Those people seemed to like the house, but said it was their first one and they wanted to look more. Well, seeing how rural this place is, unless they are looking only at one house per week, I guess we weren't good enough.

Update on DH & me. Not sure where things are standing right now. He came home from work, slammed down the pull down stairs to the attic and literally threw 2 boxes down the steps and then threw them down to the living room. I had spent most of the day working on HIS computer and downloading stuff so that HIS mother could see it without use of the internet. Thanks?...Nope! I was going to apologize, but I didn't figure it was the right time and frankly I didn't feel like it at the time. Things started easing up a bit a supper time (of course, I was feeding him). Unfortunately, I had planned a nice dinner and when I went out to the grill I discovered that we were out of gas! And the f#$%ing bad karma just keeps continuing on and on and on!! So I had to make sandwiches instead. I started packing up MORE stuff (the boxes he threw down) and he decided to come help, but started in on the "I can't believe we have so much stuff, yada, yada, yada...." again, so I just gritted my teeth, felt my blood pressure rise and kept my mouth shut. To hell with apologizing! He is every bit at fault since HE bought a good chunk of the stuff himself, or told me to buy it at the time. He has even admitted to being an enabler, but refuses to accept any blame for it. He tells me that I don't need any more stuff and I totally agree, yet when gift giving time comes around, what does he do??? Buys me more stuff to sit around instead of the useful suggestions that I give him. Well, not this year as we decided the new house is our gifts to each other. Might get a GPS for Christmas, at least that's what I'm hinting for......like that ever made a difference before. Plus I need a phone headset because NC just enacted a hands free law (our new house is 5 miles south of the NC/SC border below Charlotte) and NY, where our daughter lives, has one as well.

I've given up even making any pretense of keeping the house clean in "hopes" of a showing. I figure with my luck and karma someone will want to come when it's at its messiest and not when it's clean!!

And I'm depressed.......my new icon says I have no friends! That's depressing, they need to change the wording on it!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:45 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Glad to hear that you are having more people come around! That's great and hopefully it works out really soon for you. We haven't had anyone for two weeks now. Those people seemed to like the house, but said it was their first one and they wanted to look more. Well, seeing how rural this place is, unless they are looking only at one house per week, I guess we weren't good enough.

Update on DH & me. Not sure where things are standing right now. He came home from work, slammed down the pull down stairs to the attic and literally threw 2 boxes down the steps and then threw them down to the living room. I had spent most of the day working on HIS computer and downloading stuff so that HIS mother could see it without use of the internet. Thanks?...Nope! I was going to apologize, but I didn't figure it was the right time and frankly I didn't feel like it at the time. Things started easing up a bit a supper time (of course, I was feeding him). Unfortunately, I had planned a nice dinner and when I went out to the grill I discovered that we were out of gas! And the f#$%ing bad karma just keeps continuing on and on and on!! So I had to make sandwiches instead. I started packing up MORE stuff (the boxes he threw down) and he decided to come help, but started in on the "I can't believe we have so much stuff, yada, yada, yada...." again, so I just gritted my teeth, felt my blood pressure rise and kept my mouth shut. To hell with apologizing! He is every bit at fault since HE bought a good chunk of the stuff himself, or told me to buy it at the time. He has even admitted to being an enabler, but refuses to accept any blame for it. He tells me that I don't need any more stuff and I totally agree, yet when gift giving time comes around, what does he do??? Buys me more stuff to sit around instead of the useful suggestions that I give him. Well, not this year as we decided the new house is our gifts to each other. Might get a GPS for Christmas, at least that's what I'm hinting for......like that ever made a difference before. Plus I need a phone headset because NC just enacted a hands free law (our new house is 5 miles south of the NC/SC border below Charlotte) and NY, where our daughter lives, has one as well.

I've given up even making any pretense of keeping the house clean in "hopes" of a showing. I figure with my luck and karma someone will want to come when it's at its messiest and not when it's clean!!

And I'm depressed.......my new icon says I have no friends! That's depressing, they need to change the wording on it!
Hang in there Rothbear,

Moving is at the top of those "stressful life events" list. This slow market is trying everyone's patience, and making us all miserable, edgy and depressed, as we want/need/have got to have a change. It's not your fault that you have collections. They are fine to have, and they bring you pleasure. There's nothing wrong with having "stuff". Your husband may be overwhelmed and overreacting to the burden of moving them. When everyone is at their wits end, even the smallest problems can become blown out of proportion and turn into monumental issue. You are not in this alone. Frayed nerves are tough on relationships. There have been times when I've thought, maybe I don't just need to move to a different house, but out of my marriage as well !!!! Then the next day, it all seems okay again. I hope things smooth out between you two. Sending positive, peaceful thoughts your way. Tambre

Old 07-15-2008, 11:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Rothbear-Tambre is so right-this is up there with the biggest stress causer's. We're your friends, kiddo, as we're all here for you.

This market can break the strongest!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
There have been times when I've thought, maybe I don't just need to move to a different house, but out of my marriage as well !!!!
Already been there, done that...several times! In fact........and this is the ONLY thing keeping me sane........I am actually going to be moving down to the new house towards the end of September whether this house is sold or not. Taking a truckload down over Labor Day, coming back to do one final garage sale, and then I go back down to live (I already have my SC license plate and driver's license). He will be staying here until we sell and then if he doesn't find a job down there, will rent a small apartment closer to his work. His main office is actually 1.5 hours from our house.....thank goodness for company trucks and telecommuting! And until something happens to his mother, I suspect he won't be looking very hard for one. Anyway, hopefully I will actually get some time then to get my nerves back together and feel peaceful once again. We already have friends down there and I know they won't let me be alone and sulk. And I'll actually be out of this H*** Hole known as western Pennsylvania!!

OK.......I'm am now going to go down and see if I have any chocolate chips in the fridge If I do, it's homemade cookies. If I don't, I'll either go get some or else I think I have a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake down there I can make. I think chocolate is the only thing going to fix this!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:34 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Default Update

Well, our lookers yesterday have a house to sell...in New Jersey. Crimany, can't catch a break here.

Then we get up this morning and someone had literally ran over or kicked over our for sale sign, its pretty sturdy metal and it was flattened. We were so pi**ed off, we know its the lowlife that lives two houses down, probably did it last night when he was walking his poop on everyone's yard dogs. Payback's a bit**. When we leave.

I told our agent this morning I was unhappy with the listing and the pictures and changes need to be made...he is going to shop our price drop around his brokerage, which is pretty good, I also suggested he call the agents for the folks that have already been through and see if that drop would set someone's butt on fire.

Going to take a nap, I woke up at 2 am feeling like I was being squeezed, short of breath. I know it's stress..see I have only been back 2 days..

Later

Old 07-15-2008, 03:53 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Announcement...when your agent wants to have a brokers open, make sure you go out and get really snokkered , and if you don't drink, start. Because when you come back and hear the feedback you might have some kind of seizure LOL

#1 suggestion- drop the price

Okay......**** those hard earn bucks away just a little more.........Man I really feel for people who have No equity to **** away. Thank God we don't have to drop it lower than what we owe, or lower..........I guess I shouldn't complain, eh?

Had over 40 agents come trucking through this afternoon, and their consensus is that the market is going to get worse here and will be quite a while before it starts to recover...and dont' t wait to next spring. lower now, take what you get, while there is still a glimmer of hope.

oh joy
hubby will be home in a bit......oh boy, this is gonna be a fun place tonight........

Old 07-15-2008, 06:11 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Bring on the brownies!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate